Update libraries and improve stability
issueid=6348 10-09-2018 09:18 AM
Administrator
Number of reported issues by jt: 159
Update libraries and improve stability

1. Update SDL2 libraries to their current version
  2. Update LuaJIT to the current version
  3. Increase size of game event buffer (it seems to overflow sometimes)
  4. Find memory leaks (the Windows version seems to be affected, no memory leaks reported on macOS)
Issue Details
Issue Number 6348
Issue Type Task
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All with NotEye
Status Requested
Priority 1 - Highest
Target Version ADOM 3.3.2
Completed Version ADOM 3.3.2
Milestone Important Bugfixes
Votes to perform 0
Votes not to perform 0
Assigned Users jt
Tags (none)

10-09-2018 02:32 PM
Administrator
1. We've update the SDL 2 libraries to SDL 2.0.9, SDL Image 2.0.4, SDL Mixer 2.0.4 and SDL TTF 2.0.14.
2. We've updated LuaJIT to version 2.0.5 on all platforms (we already were using it for the Linux versions)
3. The game event buffer is now dynamically allocated and also increases size on demand.
4. I've fixed one harmless memory leak that happened when ADOM was quit but I can't find any additional ones (using Xcode Memory Profiler, Visual Studio internal tools and Visual Leak Detector).
5. Zeno has updated NotEye to be able to use garbage collection, which is a great improvement. We still need more time for testing it though.

10-11-2018 02:07 AM
Ancient Member
I currently get an unusual amount of crashes (roughly one every hour).
Steam beta 3.3.1 release 99.
Win7.

10-11-2018 08:08 AM
Administrator
In which way does it crash? Does it just close? Could you please upload the adom.log file from the ADOM data directory if the game crashed. Thanks.

10-11-2018 11:21 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by jt
In which way does it crash? Does it just close? Could you please upload the adom.log file from the ADOM data directory if the game crashed. Thanks.
It just close with no message.

Log files zipped but seems upload button is missing here, want text post of them here?

10-11-2018 11:22 AM
Ancient Member
Ahh found it, didnt appear when I was replying.

10-11-2018 02:31 PM
Administrator
Thanks, sadly there is nothing interesting in those files. But most of them seem fine, i.e. ADOM quits without crashing.

10-11-2018 02:39 PM
Ancient Member
I just did get a Visual C++ Runtime crash.
After saving for safety measure and pressing the load button.
Char is ok and in the right spot.

10-14-2018 08:23 AM
I would just like to add that I've also experienced an unusual amount of crashes in the most recent version. I've set my auto-save to every 50 turns which works fine because it only crashes every few thousand turns. More than 1000 turns and less than 10000 it feels like. It's very common.

+ Reply