Bug about dipping wands
issueid=3279 08-10-2014 12:28 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by divij: 1
Bug about dipping wands
game crashes if while choosing which potion you want to dip the wand in, you instead press 'enter'

Hello laymen and gentle ladies, I found a way to reliably crash the game..you do the following......press ! (for dip) v (for choosing from inventory) \ (for choosing wands) a (or any alphabet corresponding to a wand in that slot) 'enter'
put simply you press enter instead of choosing the potion
this worked 3 times out of 3 when i tried it with a backup file of my character.

TLDR: press !v\aENTER for sad times (you need atleast 1 wand and potion)

BYES
Issue Details
Issue Number 3279
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Duplicate
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 23
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-10-2014 01:20 PM
Ancient Member
I could not reproduce this with fresh gnomish wizard on p23 64 bit ubuntu version (with or without noteye). The game will just ask for filter text which it's supposed to do
It might be a good idea to specify the exact version and/or attach the save file if the bug is reliably reproducible with the save file.
Also this may be duplicate of http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2900 which was fixed in r48 (next release after p23).

08-13-2014 09:20 PM
Administrator
Can't reproduce this either in the current version. You might want to try the workaround mentioned in issue 2900 (see Samis post) and check if this fixes the crashes.

I'm closing this as a duplicate until then.

+ Reply