Add a Prayer for PC's Trapped in Mystic's Room
issueid=4588 11-03-2016 03:41 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Grond: 971
Add a Prayer for PC's Trapped in Mystic's Room

Similar in spirit to the prayer for pickaxes in the elemental temples, there could be an expensive prayer for players trapped in the dwarven mystic's room. If the PC doesn't have a means of teleportation, the prayer would grant a 0 charge wand of teleportation (chaotic gods maybe would grant a 0 charge wand of destruction). Obviously, this is a pretty rare situation, but I think it would be a fun little detail.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4588
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM 2.3.0 (r73)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 5
Votes against this feature 4
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-03-2016 06:51 AM
I like it, but I would give a wand of destruction to all. I like the idea that your deity is a bit of a prankster when given the chance.

Otherwise your suggestion of chaotic god = WoD would be great, but nobody ever visits the mystic while chaotic.

11-03-2016 03:46 PM
Ancient Member
Personally I think this is something you should pay the price for. It's not a 'beginner's trap' where you couldn't have known in advance.

11-03-2016 06:12 PM
Ancient Member
This seems a bit exploitable to me. Teleport into the room, drop your wand of teleport, pray, and you can get extra wands of teleport or otherwise rare wands of destruction, then pick up your wand and leave.

If there needs to be a prayer solution for this, then I'd suggest just having your god randomly teleport the PC. There's a few other areas (HMV scroll room) where this can happen, IIRC.

11-03-2016 08:49 PM
A possible alternative is to create a new "one way door" and place it in the mystic's room (and other such places).

11-04-2016 06:13 AM
Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer
This seems a bit exploitable to me. Teleport into the room, drop your wand of teleport, pray, and you can get extra wands of teleport or otherwise rare wands of destruction, then pick up your wand and leave.
This could be circumvented by the deity booming "LOOK AROUND YOU, YOU FOOL" if there is a suitable wand on the ground in that room.

11-04-2016 07:13 AM
Don't think how much exploitable it could be invested is expansive enough. Also deities in ADOM ain't that stupid. On the 3rd attempt to get a reward deity could just caught at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Harkila
This could be circumvented by the deity booming "LOOK AROUND YOU, YOU FOOL" if there is a suitable wand on the ground in that room.
Could also work very well indeed.

+ Reply