Whirlwind's fire resistance
issueid=916 04-06-2012 07:05 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by anon123: 111
Whirlwind's fire resistance
The rune-covered sling "Whirlwind" is supposed to grant fire resistance, but it does not.

Problem
The rune-covered sling "Whirlwind" is supposed to grant fire resistance, but this does not happen.

How to reproduce it
With a PC that doesn't have intrinsic fire resistance (or that does have it, but isn't wearing any other items that grant it), put Whirlwind in the missile weapon slot, then cast the Revelation spell, or drink a potion of insight. You'll notice that while Greater Identify says "It grants resistance to fire.", fire resistance isn't acquired or improved by equipping the sling.

Notes
I believe the Guidebook says the +Fire is only given when the sling is wielded - however, during testing, my PC's fire resistance wasn't enhanced by using it as a missile weapon, a missile itself, or putting it in either hand.
Issue Details
Issue Number 916
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows NT
Status Cannot Reproduce
Priority 9
Affected Version Unknown
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-11-2012 06:24 PM
Administrator
I can't reproduce this with the current 1.2.0 pre 4 build. I've created a character, wielded the sling and zapped some fire wands onto myself. Wielding the sling reduced the fire damage of the wands.

Code:
The following artifact was generated during his adventure:
  the rune-covered sling "Whirlwind"
He possessed the following intrinsic:
  He was fire resistant (gained through an item).

10-11-2012 06:29 PM
Ancient Member
... Er, wielding, yes, but in the missile weapon slot?

10-11-2012 06:38 PM
Administrator
Just testing the new spoiler function:

10-11-2012 10:31 PM
Ancient Member
I tested this in 1.1.1. I had a character equip the sling in all the slots where it can be put (left hand, right hand, missile weapon, missile), then used Revelation to check. There was no difference.

Perhaps something else you changed also fixed this? I don't have any characters who have generated Whirlwind in 1.2.0pr3, so I can't check.

And nice to see a "real" spoiler feature :)

+ Reply