Water Temple altar generated as "white marble"
issueid=1251 09-19-2012 11:00 AM
Number of reported issues by Elwro: 1
Water Temple altar generated as "white marble"
The Water Temple altar was generated white, while it should be chaotic, and thus black

Yesterday my high-elven wizard got to the Water Temple only to find the altar inside WHITE, while of course the altars in the temples are supposed to be chaotic, and thus black. Note that I am not sure whether it is a lawful altar (so the wrong altar type was generated), or it is a chaotic altar and the display is wrong. I didn't check it since I'm playing without save scumming and didn't want to lose the character by offering the opponents. When I go back and kill the rest of the baddies (supposing I do not die before) I will drop water on the altar and see if it's really lawful.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1251
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Linux
Status Fixed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 2
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 3
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-19-2012 01:26 PM
Ancient Member
You should save the game now and make a backup of that in the event that you do die. As long as you don't restore it to keep on playing your dead character (as opposed to testing things like this), there's nothing wrong with it.

09-19-2012 01:35 PM
Alright, I made a backup. Will check this in the coming days...

09-24-2012 08:16 PM
Alright, I checked and it definitely IS a lawful altar. (Just sacrificed a chaos servant and Cornellius seemed very happy.) I'm attaching a savegame with my character standing right next to the altar.

09-24-2012 10:04 PM
Yup, that's a lawful altar.
You see an ancient altar of pure white marble.
And you're not crowned, so I supposed you didn't convert it.
That's funny.

09-25-2012 07:09 PM
Administrator
Weired problem. I tried to reproduce it today (with the "current" ADOM version), went straight to the CoC and down to the water temple. The altar was black.

I'm downloading the saved game now to check it for inconsistencies.

@Elwro did you notice anything unusual about other altars?

09-25-2012 09:46 PM
Administrator
@Elwro: I'm confused. Your "Lollek" character is not located in the water temple, he is in dwarftown. From Guidebook:

Ruun, the Priest in Dwarftown is always generated with the same race as the PC. He presides over a small room containing an altar, which will be coaligned unless the PC is chaotic.

So everything looks fine to me!?

09-26-2012 02:56 AM
Descend to the WT and you'll find a white altar, jt.

09-26-2012 07:54 AM
Administrator
Ah, I see... I was confused by the following statement: "I'm attaching a savegame with my character standing right next to the altar". Well, the WT altar is indeed white.

09-26-2012 08:35 AM
I'm very sorry, must've zipped and attached the wrong file! Should I do that again with me standing next to the WT altar or do you have it now? Sorry for the inconvenience!

The Water Temple is white and behaves as lawful. I haven't seen anything weird about the other altars in the game... I'll keep playing.

09-26-2012 02:49 PM
Administrator
Thanks, but it's ok, I don't need the other saved game.

09-26-2012 08:40 PM
Administrator
I finally found the reason for this, it's caused by a 64 bit problem similar to the following issue: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=1148

Should be already fixed in Prerelease 3.

+ Reply