No avatar support?
issueid=2 03-07-2008 07:15 AM
Number of reported issues by Dorten: 2
No avatar support?

Not sure, if this is bug or a missing feature, but you cannot add avatar to the forum. "Edit avatar" page has only one option for it: Do not use an avatar.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2
Project Website Development
Category Forums
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 10 - Lowest
Affected Version Unknown
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 8
Users unable to reproduce bug 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-07-2008 05:44 PM
Hopefully, its a feature. Avatars and sigs, unless they have strict rules, just get annoying.

03-08-2008 08:23 AM
Agreeing with IronJelly. No avatars and no pictures in signature. That's how I like it. And if there will be avatars very limited size and no freaking flash pics. I hate when people add some long flash videos in their avatar/signature.

03-08-2008 01:31 PM
And the check box dosen't even work...

03-09-2008 05:10 PM
I'd vote for avatar support. But restrict them to, say 100x100 pixels at most. It makes easier telling people apart at a glance.

I also vote no to pictures in signature. They are the thing that create confusion (especially when the sig is 10x the size of the average post)

03-09-2008 05:49 PM
Ancient Member
I'd vote against avatars and against pictures in signatures. One line of text is enough.

Btw: roguelike forum and pictures?!

03-09-2008 06:01 PM
Ancient Member
I don't mind small avatar pictures, but animations really annoy me, and sig pictures are out of the question. Overall it's easier without anything.

03-10-2008 05:14 AM
adding my vote for no avatars and no images in sigs.

03-11-2008 04:17 PM
Avatars aren't that bad when small enough and not animated... but afaik php doesn't really have a decent way of forcing that, unless forcing to upload them to forum server (instead of uploading for example to imageshack and linking from there) and banning .gifs (and all other animatable extensions). Not worth it I'd say.

A definite no to signatures. Even only text ones - why would anyone want to read some "cool" phrases like for example "my granny ROCKS" some few hundred times?

03-12-2008 12:51 AM
Quote Originally Posted by spectre
I'd vote for avatar support. But restrict them to, say 100x100 pixels at most. It makes easier telling people apart at a glance.
I fully agree with spectre. Small avatars, and no pics in signatures (or no sigs at all).

+ Reply