The shining silver bracers are not silver!
issueid=4141 12-06-2015 08:36 AM
Number of reported issues by Elitist: 7
The shining silver bracers are not silver!

I feel like I'm missing something.
(I even went on the wiki and spoiled myself after I got them!)
I just got the Bracers of War for the first time ever (woohoo) and had heard so much about them!
Unidentified, they appear as the "shining silver bracers". Upon using a metallurgy check, they seem to appear as gold Their icon is yellow, even!
Am, I misinterpreting something here? I feel like this is such a minor oversight that hasn't been touched upon because they're so notable, that even players trying to go truly unspoiled don't second-guess it. They're famous! They're one of the things ADOM is known for, imo. As iconic as Magicbane, the Orb of Zot, ect, ect.
It isn't anything immersion breaking, I'm just wondering if it was intentional! And if it is, I'd love to hear the story. :)
Issue Details
Issue Number 4141
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 10 - Lowest
Affected Version ADOM r61
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 5
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-06-2015 08:44 AM
Ancient Member
IIRC, Adom has no items made out of silver at all. Gold was probably closest thing, Ofcourse, the thing could have been called shining gold bracers, I guess.

12-06-2015 08:52 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Soirana
IIRC, Adom has no items made out of silver at all. Gold was probably closest thing, Ofcourse, the thing could have been called shining gold bracers, I guess.
That's fine! I just found it so silly, haha. It makes me wonder why the ~ isn't silver, too, cause we HAVE silver bracers. Maybe it was a choice to make them intentionally stand out? Who knows!

12-06-2015 04:32 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Elitist
It makes me wonder why the ~ isn't silver
Because having a gray ~ drop wouldn't remotely trigger the same reaction as a yellow one ;)

12-08-2015 12:39 AM
How about just making them "the shining bronze bracers" instead, for a metal closer to the gold used and to keep the current alliteration? Or "shining brassy bracers" (to differentiate them from plain brass bracers". "Shining gilt bracers"?

12-10-2015 04:40 PM
See also #1781, #1787, #1793, #1804, #2737, and #3749 (think I'm missing some, though).

12-11-2015 10:39 AM
Quote Originally Posted by wheals
See also #1781, #1787, #1793, #1804, #2737, and #3749 (think I'm missing some, though).
This isn't what I'm talking about! They appear as as a yellow ~, are made of gold, but are called silver! You understand, yes? I'm wondering why the Bracers of War are pretty unambiguously gold, but called silver in text.

EDIT:: @anon123 touche ;ooooo

+ Reply