omg java is such garbage
issueid=2390 10-14-2013 12:36 AM
Number of reported issues by Ozma777: 4
omg java is such garbage
java is garbage

please please please get rid of java!

after an hour of uninstalling, reinstalling, disabling autoupdate, msconfig removal of java, disabling java plugins, and removing it from my browser.... I FINALLY got adom2 (current version+winXP) to actually run only to find out that there is no wizard! (aside from that very serious flaw in an adventure game)<edit no wizard YET until 0.4> I decided to try a different race/class than my grey elven (should be wizard) assassin. So to generate an new character...
Save and exit launch it again (disabling firewall first which is also garbage...why would I want to completely disable my firewall just to play adom)....

Application can not start.

So here I am again trying to play an adom that in my opinion with the 5 minutes I played it isn't something I enjoyed, and I can't play it again.

PLEASE get rid of java and do a windows compatible exe or something PLEASE

oh and what happened to the commands that are supposed to be there like $ for display gold (didn't notice it was on the left) or :p for pay all or even p for pay? I just got it to finally run again and I picked up where I left off with my grey elven (should be wizard) assassin, and I can't even buy things in a shop. ? gives hardly any commands (not like adom1) and none of them are pay shopkeeper. And where is :d for drop items of type? and pagedn/pageup is gone? Are there more commands? If so how do I "unlock" them?

Oh and how come when you talk to someone you immediately waste a turn by stepping in a random direction?
<edit ah space bar now linked to that>

btw 18 out 20 times java fails to launch adom2 (quick fix right click and launch and if it fails double click and it runs or vice-versa)

I guess I'll go back to adom1 and wait for a fully functional adom2 (with same keybinds as adom1 hopefully I hate starving to death because I can't buy anything)

<edit>
I just want to say when I can get java to run it...brilliant programming the game runs perfectly with the old adom's surprising adventureness and randomness and I look forward to a fully functional adom 2 that has the same classes (plus maybe others) and the same races (plus others) plus magic and artifacts and piety. I just think right now I should stop trying to get adom2 to work and focus on finally getting one of my level 50+ characters to finish adom1.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2390
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category UI
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 8
Affected Version ADOM II 0.3.2
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-14-2013 02:50 AM
Issue Changed by Ozma777
  • Priority changed from 1 - Highest to 8