sanitize monster-leveling and particularly companions
issueid=3645 03-11-2015 08:08 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by auricbond: 264
sanitize monster-leveling and particularly companions

Exhibit #1: After many repeated tries, I was able to get the cute dog formidable enough to take out steel golems and the denizens of the smc while level 23. I was on my way to pit him against the cat lord when he got mutated into a WMOPC by a trap (the result of which inherited all of the dog's levels).

Now I know the game is supposed to be a weird and wonderful place and perhaps the game shouldn't outright forbid such wacky experiments, but...

Exhibit #2: Level 153 quickling king vampire. Took out the great water dragon in 1 turn (3 hits). Yeah. It also later killed me due to a bug that i'll report separately.

I am sure I read on an old usenet post that companion levels were capped at 110. If that was ever true, it doesn't seem to be true now.

Exhibit #3: You can read about this in my most recent victory post as well.

Maybe the creator doesn't mind Ancardia being a place where shopkeepers surpass mighty dragons, balors, and gods, in which case ignore this, but I think artifact drops should stop leveling the shopkeepers beyond a certain point. Maybe also a si-specific change is needed.

Personally I think at the very least, an absolute limit on ALL npc's in any circumstances should be applied, as a safety net. Opinions?
Issue Details
Issue Number 3645
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Fixed
Priority 3
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 23
Fixed Version ADOM r68 (v2.2.2)
Milestone Potential work pipeline
Users able to reproduce bug 4
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

03-11-2015 09:40 PM
Issue Changed by auricbond
  • Priority changed from 4 to 3

12-27-2015 09:20 AM
Issue Changed by adom-admin
  • Milestone changed
  • User assignments modified

08-19-2016 11:51 PM
Issue Changed by adom-admin
  • Status changed from Unconfirmed to Fixed
  • Issue marked as addressed
  • Addressed version changed from Unknown to ADOM r68 (v2.2.2)

+ Reply