Additional bonus of weapon skills
issueid=697 12-13-2011 01:16 PM
Number of reported issues by Moeba: 27
Additional bonus of weapon skills
Make weapon skills such that at certain skill levels you can wield bigger weapons of that type

The suggestion is, basically, to enable a PC to wield bigger weapons of a type when your skill level for that type of weapons reaches a certain level. For instance, if you trained your axes up to something like level 12 while you are a hurthling and thus only able to wield small weapons, you would also be able to wield medium-sized axes. In my opinion it sounds pretty logical, and it makes up for the current 'slight' disbalance between smaller and bigger races.

It even makes sense to do this only for weapons, and not for armor, because no matter how skilled you are (in wielding armor? right...), a medium-sized chain mail won't fit a small gnome.

I got this idea when I was reading the discussion here:
http://www.ancientdomainsofmystery.c...hters-and.html
where people point out the dullness of stat bonuses as professional abilities. Related to this feature suggestion, I got the idea to have fighter professional abilities like 'you can wield larger weapons' at level 25 or something, or 'you learn weapon skills twice as fast'.
Issue Details
Issue Number 697
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category Gameplay
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM II 0.2.3
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-13-2011 08:31 PM
nathrakh
e: feel free to delete.