Tywat Pare always talks as if he were in Terinyo.
issueid=2705 02-04-2014 04:30 AM
Number of reported issues by TDau: 21
Tywat Pare always talks as if he were in Terinyo.

When Tywat Pare assigns the Hotzenplotz quest, he starts with "Greetings, adventurer. Welcome in us peaceful village", even if you have lured him away from Terinyo and now he dwells in a faraway dungeon. Likewise, later in the game, when he has no other quests for the PC, he says "Everything's fine in Terinyo."
Suggested fix:
If he is not in Terinyo, just scrap the "Welcome in us peaceful village" part in the first case; in the second case, replace the "Everything's fine in Terinyo" with a question, something like "Have you been in Terinyo lately?" or "How's life in Terinyo nowadays?".
Issue Details
Issue Number 2705
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 10 - Lowest
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 20
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

02-04-2014 04:46 AM
Ancient Member
I don't like the two suggested replacements, they are questions. I take it that the OP is not suggesting a dialogue to start, but some new players might think it is an invite to dialogue.

If I was new I would think it pretty stupid to be asked questions that the game does not allow me to answer.

02-04-2014 07:47 AM
Ancient Member
IMO I think the best way to deal with it would be to prevent the sheriff from leaving town with the PC at all times.
Some PCs like to take him to bandit village to quickly give him any outlaw corpses for alignment bonus and gold but it stands to reason that he's supposed to be the law in Terrinyo and should not leave the town under any circumstances.

02-04-2014 09:38 AM
Given that there's a line he says upon entering bandit village (and sometimes drops amulet of law?), and that he actively hunts bandits while there (unless he gets stuck), I'd say it's a feature.

02-04-2014 10:54 AM
Ancient Member
He can also be brought to bugwil and easily killed by the very first greater claw bug there. I don't think that's a feature.
Perhaps if he leaves town with the player and the PC goes several tiles away from both Terrinyo and bantit village, there could be a notification that "Wyatt Earp, the sheriff, leaves your company." followed by his disappearance from PC's vicinity and spawning back in whichever of the two towns was closer at the time. That way it won't be possible to bring him to a place he has no chance to survive in or where his duty to the law cannot be fulfilled.

02-04-2014 03:58 PM
Ancient Member
Leadnig the sheriff to the bandit village is something I think the player should figure out himself, so if Blasphemous' suggestion is accepted I would prefer if the sheriff always returns to the lawful village.

02-05-2014 03:21 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1
I take it that the OP is not suggesting a dialogue to start
Yep, I just wanted to say "replace the current text with some other flavor text", but I wrote the questions to make a definite example.

Quote Originally Posted by Qui
there's a line he says upon entering bandit village (and sometimes drops amulet of law?)
He gives the amulet to lawfuls who lure him to any outlawish place, be it the bandit village or a group of bandits in the wilderness, no matter how far from his home. Besides, taking him with you allows for interesting tactics, e.g. using him to avoid common monsters as your first kill, so I would rather see this behavior stay as it is.

+ Reply