Game kills mouse
issueid=6719 07-10-2021 11:26 AM
Number of reported issues by Melandrhild: 1
Game kills mouse
Mouse stops working after a while of playing

Hello, love ADOM so far but, no matter on my PC or on my husband's, after a while of playing the mouse just freezes and stop working, meaning it has to be unplugged and plugged back, and it can happen quite often. Playing with keyboard wouldn't probably help since the mouse stops working even if I'm not playing the game, just having it launched and on is enough to trigger the bug.

I really would like to fix this problem as the game is very enjoyable aside from that. Thanks for the help !
Issue Details
Issue Number 6719
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7 (Steam)
Status In Progress
Priority Unknown
Affected Version ADOM 3.3.4
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-10-2021 05:09 PM
Ancient Member
Hmmm, just guessing here but did you get the message "This level somehow seems to be removed from the rest of the world" when the mouse was killed?

07-10-2021 05:45 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Cactus
Hmmm, just guessing here but did you get the message "This level somehow seems to be removed from the rest of the world" when the mouse was killed?
No, no message, just mouse freezing and not working anymore, in game and out of game :(

08-25-2021 12:42 PM
Administrator
Could you please provide some hardware information?

Did you try a different mouse?

Does this only happen with ADOM or other games too?

08-25-2021 02:45 PM
First the only time I got same bug on a game was with Pathfinder Kingmaker, but deleting Rewired_DirectInput.dll fixes the thing and the bug is well known. Aside from that only ADOM makes this bug, after some minutes of playing.

We didn't try another mouse but another pc (my husband's one). Pc are both on Window 7 and mouse is an Empire Gaming one. Not sure of what other informations you may need about hardware ?

08-26-2021 08:57 AM
Administrator
Hm, things like these are always hard to debug.

I would recommend to try a different mouse (just any other mouse) just to make sure it's not related to the mouse (or it's drivers).

So it happens on the other PC too (does it use a different type of mouse)?

I'm really out of ideas because we've never had a report like this and I can't imagine that we found a way to block the Windows mouse input with our game (even when the game is not active/focussed).

08-26-2021 11:39 AM
I tried with an old mouse and didn't encounter the bug. But that doesn't explain how only one game, ADOM, would be in conflict with one model of mouse as you say ? It is weird if I had to change my mouse for one game :/ And Steam won't refund ADOM to me as I liked the game aside from the bug and tried it hard to have it work, thus playing over 2 hours :/

A solution would be that I play ADOM once this mouse died and I have another mouse, but that's not a super satisfactory solution. Aside from that, if I wanted to buy UADOM, how do I know if the bug won't exist with it too ?

(Ps :yes my husband does have the same model of mouse)

08-30-2021 01:17 PM
Administrator
I have no idea why the mouse does not work in combination with the game. But there are so many hardware/software combinations out there, it's impossible to test every one. We also rely on other frameworks, so those might be part of the problem.

So for now I would recommend to use the "old mouse" for ADOM.

Ultimate ADOM was developed with Unity, a completely different framework. So I think it should work just fine. You can also refund the game if it doesn't work with the mouse.

+ Reply