Trying to sacrifice more money than you have sacrifices all your money (+ dialog box stuck on screen)
issueid=5503 10-25-2017 11:55 PM
Number of reported issues by rkaid: 5
Trying to sacrifice more money than you have sacrifices all your money (+ dialog box stuck on screen)

I was going to sacrifice 5000 gold, but accidentally entered 50000. The result was that all my gold (30 000) was sacrificed, and the dialog box that asked how much gold I wanted to sacrifice was stuck on screen. I could play like normal, but the dialog box was there all the time. I had to save and quit the game (only saving and reloading didn't help) to make it disappear.
Personally I think that if you enter a larger amount of gold than you have, then the game shouldn't assume you want to sacrifice all your gold. Fall back to zero or at least ask the player if this is what they want to do.
(Fwiw, I don't care much about losing all my money with this particular character, and I did get crowned :D)

I'm playing the Steam version on Linux, don't know if it happens on other versions of the game.
Issue Details
Issue Number 5503
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Duplicate
Priority 7
Affected Version ADOM 2.3.5
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-26-2017 08:06 AM
Administrator
The "stuck dialog" issue has been fixed for 2.3.6 (I can't find the corresponding issue right now). Regarding the change of behavior, please open a new RFE for that, thanks!

+ Reply