Black Window, when using Inventory etc.
issueid=6578 03-22-2020 12:00 AM
Number of reported issues by Degaden: 1
Black Window, when using Inventory etc.
Black Window appears, when Inventory, PC Data should be seen

Hello People,

I let ADOM and Steam automatically update the game and after I didn't played for a month a black Window appears, when I try to use my inventory and many more screens.
I tried to switch settings, but that didn't work so I need your help.

I didn't saw any step to step tutorial for making a bug report, so I hope nevertheless you can help.

At the moment I'm using Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS. I am glad if your able to give me an advice, because I already accidently deleted a Lv 10 Healer account. v.v
Issue Details
Issue Number 6578
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All without NotEye
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version ADOM 3.3.3
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-22-2020 11:23 AM
Thx for the reply. In the end I am too stupid to solve the problem on my own. I tried to reinstall the game via Steam and I didn't find any 3.3.4 version. So I don't know how to get going.

Can you give me a reference to an explaination or explain it yourself? I don't know how to cope with that issue.

03-22-2020 02:09 PM
Administrator
Are you sure the 3.3.3 update caused this? This update is over a year old, so after reading "I didn't play for month" it sounds like the issue might be related to other stuff, e.g. Ubuntu updates.

Can you please upload the latest adom.log file from the ".adom.steam" folder in your home directory?

(I changed the affected version to 3.3.3 on this issue because 3.3.4 is not out yet)

03-22-2020 02:26 PM
I did that and nothing changed. Shouldn't that be handled by steam and adom automatically, if put automatic update as setting for adom in steam?

03-22-2020 02:33 PM
Administrator
Well... yes, Steam updates ADOM automatically (if it is told to do so). But there was no update in the last 12 months.

03-22-2020 04:43 PM
Oh man. That means one of all those updates and installations I did in the last month is the problem of that issue.

Do you have any idea how I can come closer to the evildoer in the system?

+ Reply