"Extremely close"/"Absolutely close" status is not shown.
issueid=1353 11-20-2012 11:51 AM
Number of reported issues by Spellweaver: 9
"Extremely close"/"Absolutely close" status is not shown.
After getting the first (pre)crowning you get no messages of being Exteremely/Very close to your deity.

Not sure if bug or a very illogical feature.
If you get a precrowning or crowning, you will never get higher than to "very close" status, no matter how high your piety is and despite the fact that you still can get pre/post/crowned. This, of course, makes a really annoying lack of information and makes precrownings even more difficult.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1353
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Cannot Reproduce
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 1.1.1
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 5
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-20-2012 12:12 PM
Am I the only one that thinks that obtaining gifts from your god shouldn't be "easy" in any way?

Personally, I'd rather it be that you can't know at all - that is, feeling close to your god should be the most you get directly, and then you have to judge it for yourself beyond that.

11-20-2012 02:08 PM
But you feel it when you get it the first time, what changes the next times?

11-20-2012 03:26 PM
Ancient Member
Yes, this doesn't feel like a feature to me.

11-21-2012 01:26 AM
Ancient Member
pretty sure its a buggy case statement or something relating to the amount of piety needed increasing for crowning post your first precrowning.

11-21-2012 12:14 PM
OMG.
You won't believe what I've seen.
Right after writing this issue I rolled a chacter and started playing. And it... erm... it got "extremely close" message while doing the second precrowning.
Did computer gods hear my prayer?

11-22-2012 02:36 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver
OMG. You won't believe what I've seen. Right after writing this issue I rolled a character and started playing. And it... erm... it got "extremely close" message while doing the second pre-crowning.
Did computer gods hear my prayer?
Using the same version? That just proves it's a bug. :)

11-22-2012 08:16 PM
Yeah, the version was the same 10-year-old one.

12-10-2012 04:17 PM
The Creator
I don't think this bug exists. At least the code does not appear buggy.

12-10-2012 05:19 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by adom-admin
I don't think this bug exists. At least the code does not appear buggy.
I have a 1.2.0pr3 savegame where this bug can be reproduced, should I upload it?

12-10-2012 08:41 PM
Now I experimented something and understood the point.
It seems that sometimes, at unknown conditions, you can get a (pre)crowning at "Very close" status (but not the first one of them). Though, if you continue sacrifices, you will get "extremely close" message after getting some (don't know the number) extra piety.

12-10-2012 08:51 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver
It seems that sometimes, at unknown conditions, you can get a (pre)crowning at "Very close" status (but not the first one of them). Though, if you continue sacrifices, you will get "extremely close" message after getting some (don't know the number) extra piety.
Personally i never saw save there extreme/absolute would not be achievable with absurd amounts of gold.

You can also get first precrown at very close it is mostly luck factor I believe. I played with reloads at some point and sometimes at very close you get precrowned at first prayer, sometimes at 6th and sometimes on none at all from same starting save.

+ Reply