Stats leaking
issueid=2485 11-19-2013 12:51 PM
Number of reported issues by IKerensky: 1
Stats leaking
My Troll healer keep losing stats since level 1

Hi,

I played ADOM since a few years. This run I am playing a Troll Healer. What happen is that I kept losing stats: STR, TOU, CHA and I just dont know why... I remove every item I wear, I didn't eat anything suspect. I did drink from some pool but got no specific message. Now my stats are leaking I lost 3 pts in STR and 6 pts in TOU since the last time I checked. I am 15 years old on 33.

Any idea what could cause such thing ? I am perma-invisble, could it be that ?

Regards
Issue Details
Issue Number 2485
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Unconfirmed
Priority Unknown
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 18
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-27-2013 03:45 AM
Ancient Member
The section on Attributes in the manual should be updated with the added abuse of Willpower and Toughness, currently the subsection on Power Points only mention the abuse of Mana when casting from Hit Points.

04-03-2014 05:12 PM
Ancient Member
Hi Guys.

I am playing an Orc Archer right now. She is dumb and hasn't cast anything. She has no corruptions yet, and hasn't had any before this. I also have not drank from any pools, and don't have any invisible items or anything.

But! My HP keeps losing it's maximum. For no reason at all!

This is what has happened while I am level 16. I had 115 Max HP. Then while I was fighting a Cave Bear in the Arena (And watching my HP cause it's a Cave Bear you know?) the Bear missed and my Max HP suddenly was 112! I checked the messages but nothing was there. I checked my age, but it hadn't changed. My Hunger was still the same (Blank, not Hungry) so that wasn't it either.

Anyways, so that was weird and annoying. Then I gained a point of strength walking around and at the same time my HP went up to 113. Then still at level 16 I walked around a lot while strained to try to get my Str up past 16 and my HP is now maxed out at 110! It's crazy!

I really don't know what to do. I've basically lost 5 max hp in one level, and I'm already pretty fragile!

I guess I should mention that my toughness hasn't changed in this time of course.

04-03-2014 08:48 PM
Ancient Member
Stats other than toughness can affect HP (equipping the Water Orb reliably raises my HP a bit, for instance).
Did any of your other stats change?

04-04-2014 01:35 AM
Ancient Member
No sir! Just my HP. Except my Strength raised by one and when that happened my HP went from 112 to 113 at the same time. Which I believe is related. But otherwise no Stat Changes! I even paid Garth(?) The dwarf who raises stats some money, like 5000 or so to raise my toughness but it did not raise it. But maybe that has something to do with this. Thanks!

04-04-2014 01:56 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Lasher
This is what has happened while I am level 16. I had 115 Max HP. Then while I was fighting a Cave Bear in the Arena (And watching my HP cause it's a Cave Bear you know?) the Bear missed and my Max HP suddenly was 112!
Were you bleeding when this happened? I've had bleeding reduce my max HP a couple of times... it seems to be a very rare effect.

04-04-2014 12:37 PM
I've had random HP changes in the last few games I've played. Can't think of any reason why. Each time it's only a couple of points added or removed to the maximum. I've noticed this when I've been around 110 max HP (I guess before then frequent changes come with frequent level-ups, and after then I've had too much HP to care about a point or two). No corruptions, no stat changes (first thing I looked at in every instance), no changes in equipment, no monster hits. Literally walking along doing my thing and max health drops from 115 to 112.

+ Reply