Kranach rottens away. Quest not completed.
issueid=3496 12-19-2014 08:54 AM
Number of reported issues by aaneton: 3
Kranach rottens away. Quest not completed.
Killed Kranach but he corpse rotted away before reachign Terinyo -> quest not awarded.

After killing Kranach his corpse rotted before reaching Terinyo, I was not able to give it to the sheriff nor was I rewarded the quest.
Is this a feature or bug? I don't remeber this ever happened before in old Adom versions when I played more activly (10 years ago).
Issue Details
Issue Number 3496
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All Steam Versions
Status Cannot Reproduce
Priority Unknown
Affected Version ADOM r53
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone Initial Steam Release
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

12-19-2014 09:26 AM
Ancient Member
If I'm not mistaken, it's not a bug that the corpse rotted (it's a normal corpse, not even guaranteed), but it's a bug that the sheriff didn't acknowledge the quest. No corpse is needed for that quest, you just have to kill Kranach and talk to the sheriff and he should acknowledge it.

12-19-2014 09:40 AM
I did talk to him but he did not acknowledge the quest or give an award.

12-19-2014 01:34 PM
Did a companion kill them?

12-19-2014 02:33 PM
If a companion kills Kranach, there is a specific message for that, indicating that quest is closed, but you weren't the one who did it. Should not leave room for interpretation.

12-20-2014 09:11 AM
I had no companion. I think I gained a level during the fight and corpse did rotten on my way to terinyo. Anyway I will replay see if I can repeat this, this was on my work computer which had that strange UI bug aswell (which I can repeat everytime at work but can't repeat on my home computer). To bad I just started my 3 week vacation so I won't try it on my work computer for a while ;)

01-02-2015 02:38 PM
The Creator
Do you remember if your character was level 6+ when meeting the sheriff or if he had collected more than 5.000 xp?

01-25-2015 03:38 PM
The Creator
I have been unable to reproduce the problem and have to assume some kind of observation error.

+ Reply