'Generate a New Character' option in the Death menu should start a new game in the same game mode.
issueid=3811 08-23-2015 08:24 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Ravenmore: 38
'Generate a New Character' option in the Death menu should start a new game in the same game mode.
Currently selecting 'Generate a New Character' from the Death menu starts a normal game.

In case you just died/left the Chain in exploration mode (for example) the option to restart with a new character in the Death menu should be labelled 'generate a new character in Exploration Mode'.

Currently it takes you to a normal game, which probably isn't optimal. Anyway, minor issue.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3811
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM r60
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone Potential work pipeline
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users jt
Tags (none)

11-22-2015 04:12 PM
The Creator
I'm wondering if the death menu should not have the various start new game options and instead just should return to the main screen? In that we we avoid having too many complicated interactions in the future that might be available on one screen but not on the other.

I therefor suggest we remove the direct generation options and instead focus on skipping back to the main menu.

11-22-2015 06:56 PM
Agreed with TB. I was actually going to suggest having the same keybindings for various game modes, but main menu makes even more sense than that.

+ Reply