Allow making doors using woodcraft
issueid=3929 10-15-2015 06:57 PM
Number of reported issues by ixi: 51
Allow making doors using woodcraft
There is already a magical way to create doors in game. Add a normal way. And a buff to the useless woodcraft of course.

If woodcraft is trained beyond some point (e.g. >80) allow ones to create doors with it. One door would require one log or 5-15 wooden sticks (number of sticks could be reduced for higher skill levels). Doors should be never trapped and never locked. Time required to craft a door should depend on skill level and B/U/C status of the wood but should be around 10 turns (wands create doors instantly and with no effort which already gives much advantages to them).

I would add this as a class power to ability sceen if woodcraft will ever have another function to avoid unnecessary prompts.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3929
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 7
Suggested Version ADOM r61
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 3
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-16-2015 03:52 AM
Good RFE, full stop. I'm not carrying around 300-450 stones of sticks to make one unlocked, untrapped door, full stop.

I propose that more skill requires less sticks, and the process takes a ripe 10 turns.

10-16-2015 05:37 AM
I think that with a high skill level and lots of time, you should actually be able to try to make anything (simple wooden shield etc. , attach metal with BS, this could make "crafted" or "crude" (maybe masterwork at high levels) items, not just sticks transforming to general items). But only with a high skill level and time (not like 30 turns, more like hundreds) and of course harsh chances of failure, maybe even critical failures with low skill levels (cut yourself with a hatchet).

10-16-2015 11:28 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Elitist
I'm not carrying around 300-450 stones of sticks to make one unlocked, untrapped door.
Agree, carrying too much sticks around just to make an unlocked door and non-instantly (unless you're using SoA or cool girdles which remove this problem completely) is too harsh. Adjusted OP.

But what about logs? Looks a bit strange that you're able to create a door from 5 wooden sticks weighting 150s but still 800s log to create one door.

+ Reply