Shopkeeper interactions with cornucopia and horn of plenty are inconsistent
issueid=5865 12-23-2017 04:31 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Grond: 971
Shopkeeper interactions with cornucopia and horn of plenty are inconsistent

Attempting to use the cornucopia or horn of plenty in a shop is prevented with the message "Keep your fingers off that in my shop! I need no chaos in my inventory!". However, both items can be zapped with no issue. In addition, there doesn't seem to be any need for this message with the cornucopia (doesn't create items on the ground nor herbs).
Issue Details
Issue Number 5865
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 10
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 9
Affected Version ADOM 3.0.5
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-23-2017 06:40 PM
In addition, there doesn't seem to be any need for this message with the cornucopia (doesn't create items on the ground nor herbs).
And why would the shopkeeper need to know this? You're handling some strange, powerful item in the midst of their precious possessions, of course they're worried.

12-23-2017 06:55 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Taederias
And why would the shopkeeper need to know this? You're handling some strange, powerful item in the midst of their precious possessions, of course they're worried.
If the shopkeeper doesn't know what the items do, why would they have a prohibition on using them at all? This is not a general warning for using artifacts in their shop (e.g. elemental orbs, unpick axe, scroll of the finder can be used), but something specific to these two items alone.

+ Reply