Summons can still switch with summoner
issueid=1745 01-14-2013 03:56 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by SirTheta: 79
Summons can still switch with summoner
I've observed this with both a wererat & werewolf.

Recently: "You miss the female werewolf. The wolf squeezes past the female werewolf. You block the ghul. The ghul misses you. You block the ghul." werewolf was not panicking. I'd earlier observed it with a wererat, but at the time had chalked it up to my imagination.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1745
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Fixed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 9
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 12
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-15-2013 02:51 PM
Had to dig a bit to figure out why this was a bug. :) Found this:
http://www.adom.de/forums/project.ph...id=1505&page=2
In which it was stated "Lower level (creation level, not experience level) monsters no longer can switch with higher level monsters."

03-15-2013 09:56 AM
Administrator
Fixed.

08-08-2013 08:34 AM
Ancient Member
This fix has the result that summoners switches it's way toward the PC, but summons can't switch their way toward the PC with summoners. I want to bring attention back to this as it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever for a summoner to not use his summons against his foe.

The logical way would be for the summoner to let his summons fight the foe, why the heck is he summoning?

As a summoner I would move away from my foe and spam summons.

I would rather have the game inspire intelligent play than dumbing down in this fashion by acting stupidly in favour of the player. Here player, I'll just move this problem summoning creature toward you until it is in melee range so you can simply hack the problem away. Why make it hard for you, you are the Hero afterall.

08-08-2013 02:18 PM
Ancient Member
I would agree if some of them didn't often spawn waves after waves of monsters that die easily, but constantly surround and stall your movement, which is frustrating (doubly so in the Big Room). That's fake difficulty.

Perhaps slightly increase the delay between summons? Or make them do it at a constant pace instead of 3-4 waves in a row, then not summoning for a while.

08-08-2013 02:39 PM
Ancient Member
I agree with anon. The elephant in the room is that summoners summon too much, which makes things not difficult (that would be fine) but tedious.

Significantly reducing the number of summons (although maybe increasing their strength) would be the optimal solution, but in the meanwhile, the current behavior is much better than in previous prereleases, where you had to kill dozens and dozens of the same monster to get to the summoner.

08-08-2013 02:51 PM
Administrator
I just checked the SVN history. This bug only fixed an issue introduced by Thomas while fixing issue 1505. I think it would be best to open a new RFE to discuss further changes on the way summoners are handled.

+ Reply