Survival skill Upgrade
issueid=6438 12-30-2018 11:50 AM
Number of reported issues by odwieczny: 3
Survival skill Upgrade

Upgrade:

If the PC uses the skill whilst "bloated", (s)he will pick up a "pile of plant seeds" or a "piece of fish meat".
I suggest to adds more option to this, not only seeds and fish but something like "Piece of raw meat/dry meat" or even "apples" or "herbs seeds/herbs" depending on other factors (skill, talent, class).

For example:
1. With skill "Archer" or "Ranger/Druid" class there is a chance to pick up random corpses of animals like:
- wolfs, jackal, cats, boars, lizards,etc or
- maybe even new unique corpses of animals (deer, moose, squirrel, fox etc.).
2. With "Herbalism" skill is greater chance to finds in wilds "herbs seeds" or maybe even random "herbs".

This should correspond to squares on the wilderness where PC is standing:
- water - "piece of fish meat"
- forest - corpses of random forest animals, apples
- swamp- corpses of frogs
etc

content below moved to new post https://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=6439

In Future Upgrade:
With high "Survival" skill and maybe skill "Archer" or "Ranger" class or "Scout" talent with using "Survival" (or maybe adding new skill "Hunting") on world map instead of gathering food there will be chance to random encounter (to hunt some random animal for food) and then moved to map to kill that monster.

Example:

You scouted wild Deer:

Do You want to

[A] Ambush
[E] Evade
[H] Hunt

Your choice [AEH]:
Issue Details
Issue Number 6438
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 8
Suggested Version ADOM 3.3.3
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-31-2019 08:05 PM
I agree. The survival skill is almost never used. Most players currently spend as little time in the wilderness as possible. It is pointless for Rangers as their 6th level power makes the skill more or less obsolete. Beefing it would also make the Falcon sign more desirable.

I'd limit the skill to either picking up herb/plant seeds, raw/fish meat, frog legs, etc and not try and introduce new types of corpses. Perhaps let the skill be used passively while walking through the wilderness to make it a bit more attractive to players.

+ Reply