Undo button for skill choices
issueid=233 07-07-2011 11:25 PM
Number of reported issues by Udo: 11
Undo button for skill choices
There is no way to go backwards when deciding how to spend skill points

The current skill system lets you invest your skill points for the skills you want but if you want to make any changes you can't. As long as the skill choices are point based, it would be nice to have an undo button to allow you to look at different combinations before committing. In ADOM it made sense to not have an undo button since you got a random amount added to the skill but I think here it makes sense to allow choice.
Issue Details
Issue Number 233
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category Unknown
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version Unknown
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 6
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-08-2011 02:58 AM
I like this idea, except that it should only show you how many points you're using, with an "activate" option. You shouldn't get to see what impact the skill increase has on the skill.

Mind you, this is based on the idea that most of the information seen on the skill raise screen will remain in the full game, rather than being a "debug mode" display.

08-15-2011 07:43 PM
Since effect you get from skill gain is not random what does it matter if you see what skill effect will be before you take it? Not like it's big secret or easter egg anyways. Just more user friendly if you see the information.

08-16-2011 03:49 AM
I like this idea, also it would be nice to maybe be able to save some points. So instead of having to spend your last 2 points on alertness or something you could save it up until next level

+ Reply