Off topic
issueid=24 03-10-2008 08:31 PM
Number of reported issues by theotherhiveking: 4
Off topic

Im just thinking.. some forums have a offtopic section where you can talk about totally unrelated sections.

I thought I could be nice to have one here.

Shit.. wrong tracker..

By the way, I think that users should be allowed to remove an entry when it has got no votes or coments.
Issue Details
Issue Number 24
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category Unknown
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version Unknown
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-11-2008 01:00 PM
While we are at it, I think the "Issues list" should also show how many pages of issues are there. There is a "show all" button that I almost missed, because I didn't know there's more.

03-11-2008 02:44 PM
Ancient Member
For the Offtopic thingy: I dont think we need an offtopic section. Lets keep this forum clean.

For the delete-your-stuff-thing: agree, but you better open another thread for that, so that I can vote for it :)

03-11-2008 10:14 PM
The trouble with the "remove an entry" idea is that people are often commenting on spam. I assume this is what it's for, right? The other purpose might be to remove absurd requests, but people are going to continue replying/voting.

Off-topic subforum? Doesn't worry me, I probably won't look at it anyway.

03-11-2008 10:46 PM
Ancient Member
An off-topic subforum always seems like a nice thing to have. You can always fail to use it. In theory, it should also keep the noise down in the other forums.

-Brendan

03-12-2008 07:00 AM
Ancient Member
In theory yes, but in practice people start to concentrate on the offtopic forums. Just to get their post counter up and so on. I still vote for "no".

03-12-2008 09:56 AM
There's always the solution: Make the off-topic posts not count. I saw something like this on one of the forums. Didn't do a lot to stop spamming though.

03-12-2008 10:39 AM
I'd vote for subforums about other roguelikes. There are a lot of interesing roguelike games, and I'm sure that some members enjoy playing them. So it would be nice if there would be a place to discuss about them.

03-12-2008 12:55 PM
Quote Originally Posted by spectre
There's always the solution: Make the off-topic posts not count. I saw something like this on one of the forums. Didn't do a lot to stop spamming though.
Just like the Regnum Online forums, all 'spam- ish' sections don't count for the postcount.

So you cant get you postcount 'to 1000' just with totally unrelated things.

+ Reply