Augments
issueid=31 03-12-2008 09:21 AM
Number of reported issues by ZeroTheBird: 1
Augments

I wish there could be augments. so i could add +3 Ice damage etc. and for armor also.
Issue Details
Issue Number 31
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category Unknown
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version Unknown
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 11
Votes against this feature 4
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-12-2008 10:10 AM
O...kay, could you elaborate on ths a bit, cause I can't say I really see whatcha mean?

You mean like D&D +X items? Or forging your own magical stuff... or whatever?

03-12-2008 12:06 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by spectre
forging your own magical stuff
I think that's what he is suggesting. A bit like enchantments. Such a feature would be nice.

03-12-2008 02:53 PM
Ancient Member
I've seen quite a few games where this leads to way overpowered items. Would have to be limited in scope so that people aren't making items better than artifacts.

03-12-2008 05:42 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Grey
I've seen quite a few games where this leads to way overpowered items. Would have to be limited in scope so that people aren't making items better than artifacts.
Well, the fact is that a overpowered item at the point to reach the power of a artifact, would become a new artifact.

I guess that most artifacts were created by long forgotten adventurers in they seeking for power.

03-12-2008 06:05 PM
I'd give this a tentative yes. There needs to be limits on how many augments an item can have. In ADOM there is a maximum of two 'augments' an items can be generated, one form column A and one from column B.

In ADOM a nice base item with good augments can easily be as powerful as an artifact (though it can still be destroyed). If this is done, Scrolls of Augmentation (or whatever) should be fairly rare.

03-14-2008 09:44 AM
Not asking for much but just small things like.
You have a long sword 1d8. augmented with fire +1d3
Then you can make 1d8 normal damage and add 1d3 fire damage.
Would be great against enemies that are weak against some magical properties.

And making armor resistant like adding 5% resistance against corruption etc.
i like things like that i guess.

03-19-2008 10:31 AM
Ancient Member
Giving bonuses like +1d3 is fairly useless though... I think that weaponssmiths should be able to make really powerful items by themselves, but everyone else should be limited to small unimportant bonuses, if they'd be able to do augmentation at all.

EDIT: Now that I think of it a bit more, it depends on the usual power of items if +1d3 is important... In ADOM it wouldn't mean much, but JADE might have a longer starting period with weaker PC and more mundane items.

+ Reply