Can't load saved game
issueid=5502 10-25-2017 06:47 PM
Number of reported issues by kapsi: 2
Can't load saved game
Can't load saved game

Saved game won't load. Clicking "load game" just changes the monster icon on the right. The save files are in Documents\ADOM\adom_steam\savedg\ and I can't name another PC with the same name.
Issue Details
Issue Number 5502
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 10 (Steam)
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 2.3.5
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-26-2017 07:17 AM
Administrator
Could you please upload the file "adom.log" from the "Documents\ADOM\adom_steam\savedg\" directory? It would probably help if you could upload the complete "adom_steam" directory. Thanks!

10-26-2017 10:10 AM
Done

10-26-2017 12:12 PM
Administrator
Thanks. Sorry, I can't reproduce the problem. Your save game is listed and also can be loaded fine (I checked this with the current 2.3.5 beta on Steam).

Did you try restarting Steam/your PC?

You only have one saved game? What happens if you create another saved game? Does it show up and can you load it?

10-26-2017 01:55 PM
When I saved with a second character, it quit to Windows (before it quit to menu) and auto-loads on game start (doesn't go to main menu).

10-26-2017 02:21 PM
Administrator
If it auto-loads, then you have specified a "Name" in the configuration. To remove it, start ADOM (it auto-loads the saved game), then press "=". Now remove the "Name" value in the configuration. Then the saved game selection should work again.

10-26-2017 02:27 PM
Administrator
I had a character named "aaa", so your "Name=aaa" setting worked fine for me.

But if a name is specified and the corresponding saved game could not be found, ADOM behaves odd. We should clearly change that.

10-26-2017 02:29 PM
Okay, I got it. When I changed the PC name from aaa to something else, it broke because it expected aaa from the name setting. After I removed that line from cfg it works okay.

+ Reply