Fire and lightning vortices should deafen the PC when they explode
issueid=2032 03-21-2013 02:05 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by anon123: 111
Fire and lightning vortices should deafen the PC when they explode
When fire or lightning vortices attack you, the resulting explosion should deafen you temporarily.

Suggestion
When fire or lightning vortices attack you, the resulting explosion should deafen you temporarily.

Why it'd improve the game
Detail. Something that blows in up in your face and/or engulfs you with crackling lightning bolts sounds very noisy, and I think it makes sense for hearing to get temporarily impaired. It might also provide a way for an unspoiled player to defeat the banshee.

Notes
N/A
Issue Details
Issue Number 2032
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 12
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 7
Votes against this feature 3
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-22-2013 08:19 AM
I like the idea. I'd add this behavior to all types of vortices, though.

03-22-2013 02:49 PM
Ancient Member
Maybe have other effects for different types of vortices? Acid vortices could do blindness, and ice could do... stunning maybe?

03-22-2013 03:21 PM
Ancient Member
As if players didn't have enough reasons to hate vortices already...

04-23-2013 01:06 PM
Thumbs up!

Also add plz a vortex of some smelly slime, wich reduces your appereance horribly, and make stealth skill useless, untill you wash yourself! (joking)

06-12-2013 11:10 PM
I both love, and hate, this idea. Love it because it adds a great aspect of realism that I am *all* for.

Hate it because... hey. Vortices.

Deafening is a low-key enough effect that I don't feel that it's too extreme for going up against these things. It's definitely annoying, but it wouldn't spell the death of a PC. I'd however suggest against the others: vortices are horrid enough without adding something deadly as blindness and stunning into the mix.

+ Reply