'Great club' not equippable
issueid=241 07-11-2011 06:17 AM
Number of reported issues by adamalive: 12
'Great club' not equippable
Unable to wield 'great club' in right hand

Found a 'great club' in a dungeon, dropped by a monster that I killed.

It does show up in my inventory list under Melee Weapons (when I click 'v'iew stuff).

However, it doesn't show up in the list of Melee Weapons when I'm choosing an item to wield in my right hand. (All 3 of my other weapons do show up in this list, it's just the great club which doesn't).

P.S: I can't take screenshots as I'm using an Apple keyboard with Windows XP and I have no idea how!
P.P.S: I can't try to replicate the issue for my left hand, as I'm wielding a cursed shield.
Issue Details
Issue Number 241
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category Unknown
Status Not a Bug
Priority 7
Affected Version Unknown
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-11-2011 06:28 AM
I think you can't wield it because a great club is a two-haded weapon and you don't have both of your hands free.

07-11-2011 06:33 AM
That would certainly make sense. WELL then! :)

I'm sure this ticket will be closed once TB can confirm this :)

Edit: I have since created another character and successfully equipped a great club. This is obviously not a bug. I guess I was just thrown a bit because ADOM categorises melee weapons into separate one-handed and two-handed lists. My mistake!

07-14-2011 05:52 AM
The Creator
As Gabriel_Z said. A great club is a two-handed weapon and thus is not available when wielding a shield.

07-14-2011 06:04 AM
This is unrelated to the actual bug report, but...

To the original poster: if you can't figure out the proper keystrokes to do a screen capture using a Mac keyboard on a Win box, you may want to consider installing something like Greenshot - this makes it easy to do just about any kind of capture you might want, and since it's open source it's absolutely free.

+ Reply