Tone down spiked armor of chaos and terror a bit?
issueid=1410 12-10-2012 11:48 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by grobblewobble: 72
Tone down spiked armor of chaos and terror a bit?
it beats all existing artifacts by a mile

Although I did not yet manage to greater identify this armor, what I found out so far is simply jaw dropping.

40 PV, adds +10 str, =fire, -acid, -cold and weighs but 400 stones. It's like a red dragon moloch armor of giant strength. No other artifact in the game is nearly this good (with the possible exception of Justifier for paladins), unless there is some hidden drawback that I'm not aware of. I mean, I noticed the unholy aura effect, but that is hardly a real drawback, since you can just unequip the armor before walking into a shop. It arguably even counts as an extra advantage.

To give an idea: when I was crowned with this, the dwarven shopkeeper attacked me, then later went into a blind rage and *still* failed to hurt me. I also killed all the steel golems as a level 11 ck by simply holding down the arrow button, as if it was a threat room of orcs. No other low level character I had was ever able to do that, even troll barbarians with vanquisher have to be much more careful.

Now I do realize that there are severe penalties to getting crowned early on as a chaos knight, because it makes a happy end of the game impossible and because it forces you to remain C, which means many quests are unavailable etc. But even then, this seems a bit much. So what I suggest is either a slight nerf, or adding some drawback. Some other people I spoke suggested making it much heavier, for example.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1410
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority 8
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 7
Implemented Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 9
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 5
Votes against this feature 7
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-09-2013 03:49 PM
Issue Changed by adom-admin