Make thrown weapons throwing-weapons
issueid=1785 01-18-2013 06:02 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Stingray1: 97
Make thrown weapons throwing-weapons

Make weapons thrown by non-player characters throwing-weapons. Make weapons thrown by traps throwing-weapons.

This adds flavour.

Gives development some items to fill the new items list.

Eliminates 'milking' NPCs and traps for melee weapons.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1785
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 6
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 10
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 5
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-18-2013 07:11 AM
Ancient Member
I don't understand what this means... maybe it's just my non-native English though.

01-18-2013 07:18 AM
IIUC, he means that orc scorchers would throw "throwing spears" instead of "orkish spears", etc.
And I don't think it's a good idea to waste new items.

01-18-2013 02:04 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver
IIUC, he means that orc scorchers would throw "throwing spears" instead of "orkish spears", etc.
And I don't think it's a good idea to waste new items.
Oh my. A non-player character that throws its weapon towards another character, is currently throwing a melee weapon. This suggestion is that the non-player character or spear trap rather shoots/throws a throwing-knife, throwing-spear, throwing-axe, throwing-club.

Regarding wasting a spot on the new items list. We have some of these weapons already, so we are looking at 2 new items being created: throwing-axe and throwing-spear(regular-javelin).

Also throwing weapons are underused, because of rarity perhaps. Having more generated through this suggestion, might change that. I mean what are you going to do with all the throwing-axes. They will suck as melee weapons. You could leave them on the floor, melt them, sell them or maybe throw them at hostile monsters.

The main reason I created this RFE is however to make 'milkable' melee weapons less available.

'Milking' means triggering a spear/arrow-trap so spears/arrows are generated or purposefully retreating while a non-player character shoots/throws weapons/missiles at the PC, thus having plenty weapons generated.

01-18-2013 06:31 PM
Ancient Member
N0t that I have a pony in this race, but there is nothing wrong with milking weapons. I don't see this as a good idea, nor is there really any difference in-game (you can throw those spears if you wanted to, and some people do)

+ Reply