Scale urgency of healing (i.e. determining prayer order) with total HP
issueid=1773 01-16-2013 01:11 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by SirTheta: 79
Scale urgency of healing (i.e. determining prayer order) with total HP
One of the more frustrating things is not getting healed by your god when you are actually very low on HP

In certain cases, one needs 'urgent' healing, but it does not qualify as this according to the game, and you get things like removing darkness instead. This can commonly be encountered when fighting the dark druid, when characters don't have too much HP and the dark druid can hit quite hard. A character with 50% health and 50 HP is as in dire need of a character with 20% health and 200 HP, for instance. If the percentage that qualified as needing healing was scaled with total HP (somehow), it would make this much less of a problem.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1773
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 7
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 9
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-16-2013 01:51 PM
Ancient Member
I've never found this to be much of a problem, myself. The only prayer priority that seems very skewed to me is that praying for a pickaxe in some of the temples outranks healing in many cases. I think having it based on a percentage is good enough.

01-16-2013 02:40 PM
The other one I find is that early on, I am confronted with a condition (sickness, poison) that has lowered my HP and will kill me even if I heal, and praying heals me rather than removing the condition. I don't know if that's an issue that needs fixing, though.

01-16-2013 03:10 PM
Ancient Member
I think sickness needs prioritisation over healing unless at 20% or lower health.

01-16-2013 03:12 PM
Ancient Member
It's only really a problem in the early game, which is why I think it should be scaled a bit (say, 50% at less than 60 HP, and a linear drop to 20% at 300 HP.

I think that's a separate issue, coppro. TB has, I think, denied it, but curing sickness should almost always be a higher priority than healing HP.

01-16-2013 04:06 PM
Sickness and poison SHOULD be cured before healing.

01-16-2013 04:20 PM
i think prayer should remove sick/poison *and* heal your hp, but cost more piety than just healing hp :)

01-16-2013 04:42 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by ghostrobotmoonzombie
i think prayer should remove sick/poison *and* heal your hp, but cost more piety than just healing hp :)
That's the behavior I suggested when this same discussion took place last year :p

01-16-2013 05:00 PM
Ancient Member
And I believe TB has already rejected that idea.

+ Reply