'You really hurt your foot' on secret doors and undiggable walls
issueid=1775 01-16-2013 02:58 PM
Number of reported issues by quik: 20
'You really hurt your foot' on secret doors and undiggable walls
The message is obtained in both situations

I don't know if this is intended behavior or a bug, but you get the message of 'you really hurt your foot' on both secret doors and undiggable walls. I don't know if there exists any justification for this message, but I can't think of one that suits both situations.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1775
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 10 - Lowest
Affected Version ADOM 1.1.1
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-16-2013 03:04 PM
Ancient Member
This makes perfect sense to me, and bumping into the wall will let you know the difference.

01-16-2013 03:07 PM
Ancient Member
A different message would be preferred.

Actually, overall I'd say the secret door message should be more explicit for new players - like "You hear a hollow thud" or "You hear a creaking sound". The kicking method to find doors is pretty frustrating when trying to look out for a slightly different message, and it's silly that you have to be spoiled to really understand it.

01-16-2013 03:08 PM
Quote Originally Posted by SirTheta
This makes perfect sense to me, and bumping into the wall will let you know the difference.
I don't see why you would feel the same way by bumping into a secret door and into a undiggable wall

01-16-2013 03:14 PM
Ancient Member
Well, you really hurt your foot both times. That makes sense, to me, but I wouldn't object to another message for secret doors.

01-16-2013 03:19 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Grey
A different message would be preferred.

Actually, overall I'd say the secret door message should be more explicit for new players - like "You hear a hollow thud" or "You hear a creaking sound". The kicking method to find doors is pretty frustrating when trying to look out for a slightly different message, and it's silly that you have to be spoiled to really understand it.
I agree to this. It also would be nice to add a small chance that the wall might fall on you, although this might be abusable as a way of digging...

01-16-2013 04:05 PM
Yes, I think that message about "really hurting", which is also not true, as damage is the same (and it shouldn't be another) and most of the time it's 0, is totally illogical and unintuitive.
Message about some sounds you hear would be a lot better.

+ Reply