Remake function of scroll of item and monster detection in NotEye
issueid=3823 08-26-2015 02:20 PM
Number of reported issues by Drecker: 9
Remake function of scroll of item and monster detection in NotEye

If you read scroll of item (and presumably also monster) detection you can see all items (monsters) on a level and you are prompted with "more" message. You can see what is were and when you are satisfied you press a key and go on with your adventure. This makes perfect sense for ASCII interface. But if you are using NotEye this process seems to be quite... unsuitable. When you read a scroll there is no changes on the screen (OK, you have a changes on minimap but that can be easily overlooked, furthermore pure NotEye users aren't used to distinguish item/monsters based on their ASCII representation), you only get a message that you sense some presence of items/monsters. This can make newbies think this is just another useless scroll, though in reality they can find some of use.

I think the best option would be to allow explore (like in [l]ook mode) a dungeon until you confirm you are satisfied, and notify player of such possibility. I can imagine this would require some nasty changes in code, maybe you can think of a more simple way to change this, but it seems to me this can't be left as it is.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3823
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All with NotEye
Status Suggested
Priority 4
Suggested Version ADOM r61
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 7
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

+ Reply