Max post length
issueid=38 03-16-2008 11:11 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Grey: 58
Max post length
Max post length should be increased to allow flg posts

Currently the max length for a post on the forum is 10k characters. I think this is in dire need of increasing - not because of my tendency for ridiculously lengthy posts, but also because of anyone wanting to post flgs to the YAVP and YASD subforums. An end game flg can easily reach 30k characters. Now, granted, I really think people should be encouraged to snip these down by removing most of the eq and kill lists, but 10k is still very restrictive. Possibly it should be increased to 15 or 20k?

Easily changed in vBulletin Options >> Message Posting and Editing Options >> Maximum Characters Per Post
(setting a value of 0 makes it unlimited - well, limited to 16 MB, but I presume that might leave the forum more vulnerable to some sort of spamming attack)
Issue Details
Issue Number 38
Issue Type Feature
Project Website Development
Category Forums
Status Implemented
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version Unknown
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 7
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-17-2008 08:35 AM
Voted for it. In my topic on YAVP sub forum I had to cut off big part of my .flg file. .flg files are usually posted in [c o d e] tag, so long YAVP or YASP really won't be an issue.

03-17-2008 06:37 PM
I vote against... or parhaps just abstain for the moment.
My reasoning: If you post the *.flg, why not snip it to display only the interesting things? It's not that your collection of rings of stun resistance and rings of protection +1 is THE crucial part of the victory post?

03-17-2008 07:47 PM
No, it isn't(in my YAVP cutted off almost all my inventory and spell list). But even if someone would like to post .flg with tons of rings, wands and other stuff, post wouldn't be longer that .flg only with stats, equipment and achievments, due to [c o d e] tag, so I don't see any problems with absurdaly long YAVP or YASD posts.

03-17-2008 10:19 PM
Quote Originally Posted by spectre
I vote against... or parhaps just abstain for the moment.
My reasoning: If you post the *.flg, why not snip it to display only the interesting things? It's not that your collection of rings of stun resistance and rings of protection +1 is THE crucial part of the victory post?
because this is not for the .flg thing, is about having to split some post because theres not enough space...

look at the religion thread.

03-25-2008 11:42 AM
Ancient Member
Voted yes. Reading snipped posts hurts eyes.

09-24-2012 08:18 PM
Administrator
Maximum size is now 20000 characters.

+ Reply