Can't go past Adom & Steam
issueid=6262 06-15-2018 04:46 PM
Number of reported issues by Carmallow: 1
Can't go past Adom & Steam
on game-start

Hello!

A friend of mine have told me about the game, I've thought I'd try.

I have Windows 10 and quite a difficulty with running old, ASCIII version Adom on it.

I've downoloaded the propper .zip file from official site, unpacked it, shifted adom file to some sub-folder, then launched the game with adom.exe
It opened in a form of window with some information. I was able to use keys to navigate, game said me I am playing the first time, I skipped. After that there was about Adom & Steam with multiple ingame-features listed. But this time using keyboard to do anything simply didn't work!
I had option to either scroll the text (+ - or * _ keys if I recall correctly) or come back ( B ).

I admit, at the first launching I exited the game cruedly and forcefully via Windows Task Manager because I decided I'll try and find if I can choose different size of game-window. I couldn't, so I launched .exe again, then I got (after a while of stepping through former steps with everything - I mean keyboard keys- working good) to the point where I had been before and found out that the key commands don't work.

I istalled the game on my old Windows 7 PC hardware, this time with no barbarian via Manager closing. Still, as soon as I reach the Adom & Steam screen with kind of plea for purchasing that Steam version, I can't go past it because mouse do no good (as expected) and keyboard commands as well (which is weird!)

Here, I'd like to know if I did something wrong or is it compulsory to go and buy Steam version? If mistake is mine, how to fix it?

It all happens before I can even choose my character race or anything, it's totally pre-game barrier! Help!
Issue Details
Issue Number 6262
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 10
Status Duplicate
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 3.0.6
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-15-2018 05:36 PM
Ancient Member
You need to use a capital letter to get past this screen, see: 5893.

06-15-2018 06:52 PM
It works! Thank you!

The best is simplicity, it seems

06-18-2018 06:57 AM
Administrator
Duplicate of issue 5893.

+ Reply