Number of reported issues by Harwin: 24
Rolf does not notice volcano is fixed
I fixed the Volcano, but Rolf doesn't respond differently / give me reward

This is in 3.1.5 - saved game has always been from 3.1.5

Here's what I did:

1. Got quest from Rolf to kill dragon
  2. Killed Dragon
  3. Corrupted Heart
  4. Gave Heart to Rolf, Rolf complained about my idiocy, told me to fix it, gave me clue
  5. Talked to Rolf more, no new info
  6. Stole 2 bottles of alcohol for the quest
  7. Got Heart of Ancardia
  8. Reunited IQ and Y to stop volcanoes
  9. Return to Rolf: "Maybe I'll have more for you later" or whatever that line is exactly. No acknowledgement of Volcano stop, no axe/shield, no stats.
Issue Details
Issue Number 6247
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Fixed
Priority 3
Affected Version ADOM 3.1.5
Fixed Version ADOM 3.3.0
Milestone Important Bugfixes
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

05-22-2018 03:26 AM
Ancient Member
I tried to upload a saved game but at 25,426 kb it was too large.

06-08-2018 10:45 AM
Administrator
You should be able to reduce the size drastically by compressing it.

06-09-2018 02:52 PM
Ancient Member
*facepalm* Sorry, That should have occurred to me.
Uploaded

09-10-2018 02:10 PM
The Creator
Fixed. Actually this is a rather big internal bug - ADOM forgot the relevant state data and so it is lost for older games.
Starting with 3.3.0 this information now is correctly saved and loaded. But older save files remain broken.

This petition for a change to In Progress is currently pending
01-09-2019 01:02 AM
Ancient Member
In version 3.3.2 I get the exact same behaviour. Rolf still does not notice that the volcano is fixed. I can upload a savegame if desired.

02-17-2019 06:26 AM
The same issue in 3.3.3. Got the stone heart, corrupted it, talked with Rolf, got heart of Ancardia, reunited the lovers, talked with Rolf again and he said: "Go away before you cause more damage!" No rewards. If that's normal situation and just alternative way for this quest, I think the new location and artifact necklace is not worth in comparison with axe, shield and stat boost.

02-17-2019 06:22 PM
Ancient Member
His reaction when you fix the volcanoes before handing in the heart is now: "Ye corrupted our most important artifact and tried to hide it before me?!?!?". Pretty sure him not giving out a reward for a corrupted heart is the intended behavior. And you need to corrupt the heart to get access to the scroll, so there are sufficient reasons to take that route.

02-18-2019 05:55 PM
Totally forgot that I created this character in previous free release and keep it for a better days for playing. That's why this bug appears in my game. Sorry for mistake, my bad.

@Grond
Yes, I realized some facts with alternate quest way and it makes sense now for me. There's no doubt why Rolf is upset and refuse to give us the artifacts. All clear, thanks!

+ Reply