Noteye menu non accessible
issueid=6367 10-26-2018 09:13 AM
Number of reported issues by Ardjun: 2
Noteye menu non accessible
Noteye menu isn't working properly.

Hello,
With the new version of the game 3.3.1 i am unable to change settings in noteye menu.
When i press shift+m to access it, mouse cursor changes into windows one and i need to press some key or click mouse in order to noteye menu to appear.
When i press another key i get redirected back into game.
When pressing certain keys it happened to me that some settings did change, without me wanting them.
It seems that the noteye menu is active but not visible, and it doesn't show the proper screen when it should be.
It deleted the file config-adom.noe to reset my settings to default but this didn't resolve the problem with the menu.
It was working okay in previous versions.

Is there any way to make this work as supposed to?
Thanks.
Issue Details
Issue Number 6367
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All with NotEye
Status Cannot Reproduce
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 3.3.1
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-30-2018 12:20 PM
Administrator
You need Ctrl+m to access the NotEye menu. Also you can open it by using "Expert settings" in the settings menu.

10-31-2018 10:39 PM
Yes, it's ctrl+m i know that. Shift+m was a typo.
This doesn't change the bug or the meaning of my post though.
Mind reading my entire bug report? Thank you.

11-01-2018 08:30 AM
Administrator
Well, I've read your entire post. But I thought it was a result of wrong key presses.

I have no idea what's going on here, since we didn't change anything regarding NotEye between 3.3.0 and 3.3.1. Which platform are you on?

So if you go back to an older version this doesn't happen?

11-01-2018 11:32 AM
OK, i was running it on win10 and i tried different versions with the same result so the problem must have been somewhere else.
On linux i didn't have this problem and after reinstalling graphic drivers on windows 10 i could use noteye menu without any trouble.
Also i found out that i had this problem only in fullscreen so going into windowed version to change noteye settings was a workaround.
Thanks for suggestions there and sorry to take your time with this issue. I googled this issue and found a post where one guy had a similar problem as me but there wasn't a solution posted.

Edit: Now i see that the problem was probably in switching from hardware cursor(game) into software cursor(noteye menu). Even now after graphic driver reinstall i noticed a glitch - hardware cursor dissappeared after quitting noteye menu. It worked again after restarting the application.

11-01-2018 11:47 AM
Administrator
You're welcome. I'm glad it works now! So I'll close this issue now.

11-01-2018 11:47 AM
Issue Changed by jt
  • Status changed from Unconfirmed to Cannot Reproduce

08-21-2020 08:41 PM
I am having this same problem. I haven't even played the game yet but I am having an issue. When I click Expert Settings an overlay come up but there is nothing in the overlay. If I press Escape it goes back to the previous menu.

08-21-2020 08:43 PM
I fixed this problem by changing the Game Settings to tiles tiles from multiple tiles ASCII and I immediatly got the warning menu telling me that expert mode is for experts.

+ Reply