Typo collection
issueid=716 02-01-2012 09:25 PM
Administrator
Number of reported issues by jt: 159
Typo collection

From bug list:

The following typos were fixed:

Polemarms - It says 'Affinity for polemarms' in the initial selection screen for talents.

Sacrificing an animated tree - *MORTAL, I AM NOT BUILDING A BLOODY GARDEN UP HERE! NO MORE TREES! }*

Adequataly - It says 'and adequataly connected to the flow of mana' in the monster memory for a displacer beast.

To you - The game asks: 'What type of scroll to you wish to create?'

With missing - A weather report: 'The sky is filled blazing stars.'

Is fills - Another weather report: 'This moon-lit night is fills with oppressive heat.'

On/in - When entering the Old Barbarian's clearing, the message that appears is 'You immediately feel at peace on this beautiful clearing.'

Skeletal king (monster memory) - Both instances of "It's" should be "Its,". Also, the fifth sentence seems as if it should begin "Skeletal kings" instead of "Skeletal Kings,".

Greater white unicorn - Missing 'to' in its speech: 'Once I will be able all corruption that has been inflicted upon you.'

Absolutly - It says 'You feel absolutly mad!' after eating a greater claw bug corpse.

Two weapon - One message is: 'Weight of the two weapon'.

Water orb - The message when putting the orb is 'Suddenly the humidity dispenses and everything is normal once more.' - it should be 'disperses'.

Tamborine - It should be Tambourine(s).

'The the djinni is gone.' - There is a 'the' too much in the message displayed when a djinni disappears.

Homunculus (monster memory) - It says: 'They are able to make you fall asleep by touch you.' It should be '[...] asleep by touching [...]'.
Issue Details
Issue Number 716
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Unknown
Status In Progress
Priority Unknown
Affected Version ADOM 1.1.1
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-18-2012 07:46 AM
Quote Originally Posted by anon123
The greater black unicorn asked you to slay its good counterpart. (his)
The greater white unicorn asked you to slay its evil counterpart hiding in the forest. (her)

"You never liked the -foo-, anyways." (anyway; "anyways" is nonstandard)

"Bathed in the radiance of Law and Goodness she enters your home plane and challenges you to a battle. (...) In the last seconds of your life, facing the might of the hero of light..." (heroine, if it's a she)
Regarding the unicorns - using "its" is OK, in the same sense as how you might refer to a dog as "it", irrespective of its actual sex.

"Anyways" isn't common, but it does get used. The language in the game doesn't have to be strict.

"Hero" is the general word, it's quite OK for it to be used to refer to a female hero. Just so long as it's consistent as used by a particular character (and if I'm not mistaken, the narrator doesn't usually refer to "Heroine", so it should be fine).

The others are fine. I just wanted to point these few out.

08-18-2012 05:07 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Aielyn
"Hero" is the general word, it's quite OK for it to be used to refer to a female hero. Just so long as it's consistent as used by a particular character (and if I'm not mistaken, the narrator doesn't usually refer to "Heroine", so it should be fine).
My other "hero vs. heroine" suggestions were implemented, so I wanted the game to be consistent in this. :)

08-19-2012 11:16 AM
Administrator
My other "hero vs. heroine" suggestions were implemented, so I wanted the game to be consistent in this. :)
It seems I missed one message. Will be fixed in the next release. :)

08-21-2012 09:08 PM
Administrator
Fixed all typos from anon123s 1.2.0-pre1 post above.

08-26-2012 02:20 AM
Ancient Member
Talking to Guth'Alak if you've taken the carpenter quest: "Aye, champion, yer time will come... " (Extra space at the end)
"[inherit a special item ]" (Extra space after item)
"A hateful voice in your minds hisses...", "Your minds focuses once more in reality." (mind)
"Try to throw the drakish scurgar (+2, 1d8+1)" (Missing period at the end)
"A Ancient Chaos Wyrm corpse" (An)

09-06-2012 03:49 PM
Ancient Member
Greater Identify doesn't respect "naturally" plural items. ("Uncursed clothes - When worn it modifies DV by...")
The rest of the text (melee and missile damage, prefixes and suffixes, intrinsics and attribute bonuses) should account for these too. Just to give some examples:

"The iron bracers are actually a blessed bracers of resistance."
Gauntlets of strength: "When used in melee combat it grants a +0 bonus to hit(...)", "It modifies your strength attribute by +3." (they grant, they modify)
Clothes of chaos: "It tries to convert you to the forces of Chaos." (They try)
Heavy clothes: "It weights twice as much as other armors of its type(...)" (They weight, their)

Using Greater Identify on +Doom weapons and missiles: "Wearing it makes you doomed." (Wielding; make a separate case for armor and weapons/missiles)
This is fixed for melee weapons (or at least it worked on a white eternium spear of damnation) but not for javelins of doom.

Fixed: removing "the" from some generated artifacts in a final log file
I generated Perion's mithril plate mail as a precrown yesterday, but the FLG still said "the Perion's mithril plate mail".

"You age... Suddenly you can see(in death your blindness seems to be cured)" (Missing space)
This one doesn't seem to be fixed (tested by wishing for "death", then drinking a potion of blindness and letting a ghost king hit me with 0 PV).

09-07-2012 07:19 PM
Administrator
@anon123: all issues of your last two posts were fixed, except "Great Identify". This still needs some work.

11-02-2012 01:52 AM
Monster memory: Master necromancer
... "thriving instead to conquer the world."

Should be "striving."

11-02-2012 09:57 AM
Administrator
@Pim: fixed.

11-13-2012 11:45 PM
The Mad Minstrel sings a song....

"by the powers of Chaos it's meaning thwarted."

Should be "its."

11-19-2012 07:14 PM
Administrator
@Pim: Mad Minstrel song fixed.

11-28-2012 03:58 PM
"hear the sound of tingling gold pieces!" (wish for money while blind - from _Ln_)
Should be tinkling ("to give forth or make a succession of short, light, ringing sounds, as a small bell"), as one does not hear "a sensation of slight prickles, stings, or tremors, as from cold, a sharp blow, excitement, etc."

Or should be changed to another word because "tinkling" can mean "urinating".

11-29-2012 05:50 PM
Ancient Member
The corruption effect: You sport a babbling mouth on your forehead...

12-09-2012 03:28 PM
From the endgame text of a chaos knight who closed the chaos gate:

Change:

12-09-2012 03:55 PM
Ancient Member
You can put that in spoiler tags you know?

12-09-2012 03:58 PM
Done, thank you

12-09-2012 04:03 PM

12-09-2012 04:07 PM
Ancient Member

Thanks goes to Soirana for the CK YAVP :)

12-09-2012 04:30 PM
I'd say that's a matter of debate. I don't think a comma is necessary there.

Here is another related mistake:

12-09-2012 04:33 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Alucard
"hear the sound of tingling gold pieces!" (wish for money while blind - from _Ln_)
Should be tinkling ("to give forth or make a succession of short, light, ringing sounds, as a small bell"), as one does not hear "a sensation of slight prickles, stings, or tremors, as from cold, a sharp blow, excitement, etc."

Or should be changed to another word because "tinkling" can mean "urinating".
Good catch. Nobody would think tinkling means urinating in that context, though :)

+ Reply