Poison hands and Serpent's Bite.
issueid=3724 06-06-2015 11:34 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Blasphemous: 110
Poison hands and Serpent's Bite.

I'm running around with an assassin that was crowned with the dagger.
Since it's always poisoned, the appropriate message shows up on successful hits, where the monster in question doesn't have immunity.
However, when I obtained the poisoned hands corruption, another message started showing up, this one with with an excalamation mark:

Code:
You hit the frost giant with full force and moderately wound him. 
The frost giant is poisoned. The frost giant is poisoned! 
The frost giant cringes in pain!
I think the game should probably acknowledge that the PC is now using two sources of poison in combat and act accordingly, i.e. produce only one message, perhaps somewhat different, something like:
"The *foo* is severely poisoned! Sick green liquid seems to be oozing from its wounds!"
Additionally, I don't think the poison effects actually stack because I haven't noticed any increased frequency of "cringes in pain" messages and it took roughly the same amount of time for monsters to collapse.

Perhaps it's a good idea to somehow take double poisoning into consideration and increase the strength of poison attacks inflicted by the PC to some considerable level?
It would possibly make poison hands a situationally desirable corruption instead of something that players remove ASAP.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3724
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7
Status Suggested
Priority 9
Suggested Version ADOM r58
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 6
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-07-2015 02:34 AM
Ancient Member
Agree with both suggestions. For the first one, I'd make the line just "the -foo- is severely poisoned" to avoid message spam.

+ Reply