Make crystal daggers affixable
issueid=3750 07-06-2015 03:26 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by _Ln_: 97
Make crystal daggers affixable

Basically what the title says.

The only weapons in ADOM which are not affixable are special (phase daggers, maces of destruction) which is fine because they all have their special powers.

Now crystal daggers are simply daggers made of crystal. Their damage is comparable with eternium daggers (typical for crystal armor), their weight follows the usual rules and they don't have any special features whatsoever.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3750
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM r58
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 9
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-06-2015 04:46 PM
Ancient Member
I always missed this, crystal daggers are an amazing early find (char lvl 1-6) and it would be nice to have them in extra variety.
Code:
Uncursed crystal dagger of devastation (+0, 6d3+10)
Definite yes from me.

07-06-2015 06:15 PM
Ancient Member
Is any crystal gear affixable? I don't recall ever seeing crystal armor with affixes either

07-06-2015 06:59 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer
Is any crystal gear affixable? I don't recall ever seeing crystal armor with affixes either
It is affixable.

07-06-2015 09:32 PM
Ancient Member
I seem to recall finding crystal scale mail of power recently.

07-07-2015 07:03 AM
Ancient Member
I'm not convinced, but I don't really care much about it either way, so I'm not voting.

My main worry is actually that this pile of "meh" changes is choking the to-do list. I want to see awesome things like Rolf's quest and the Volcano, not more discussions about +2 to crystal daggers and dirty clothes Y/N. Let's focus on the big things like bugs that crash the game and ideas for new quests and keep the backlog under control, please.

07-07-2015 07:47 AM
Ancient Member
I wouldn't be toooo concerned Grobble, since I would imagine this is where the breakdown of labor is

jt - does the bug fixes / minor changes / feature fixing
the creator - does the big things (ie: rolf, volcano, new artifacts, new areas).

i would like him to get moving on rolf/volcano though indeed.

07-07-2015 08:17 AM
Ancient Member
I would like the Creator to get moving on anything actually.
The damn steam is what's choking the development progress - there's been a few months of no activity at all.
The big and small RFEs are only a reflection of people's desperation to have something implemented, anything that tells us somebody out there still gives a damn.

I begin to feel that somehow everything stopped, we're like the monsters waiting for the PC to move so we can continue our interaction.
TB is the PC here and it would be nice to have at least a little feedback on how things are going; when can we expect all those new artifacts, quests etc?
This silence is what makes people feel abandoned so they maintain the appearance of activity and progress by posting new RFEs, even if small and insignificant ones.

07-07-2015 09:36 PM
Ancient Member
Yeah, I guess you're right. Sorry if I was being rude. More interesting crystal daggers would be kind of cool - although I'm thinking they seem to be as resilient to item destruction (including corrosion) as eternium, and (being more easy to find) they should be inferior to eternium daggers in at least some way.

For that reason, I would like it better if crystal daggers were improved in some other way, hopefully in a way that makes them really unique. Making it a construct slayer? Special bonus if you also wear a crystal armor and crystal shield?

07-08-2015 04:49 PM
I think they're already fairly unique in the sense that they have better damage for their DL, in the same vein as maces of disruption, swords of sharpness, etc. They're just the lowest end of those items.

07-09-2015 05:42 PM
I'm glad someone downvoted this horribly harmful RFE.

There is truly no change that can be made to ADOM that is too rational to be controversial.

07-14-2015 01:51 PM
Ancient Member
I think everything should be affixable, except for very specific items (phase daggers and such maybe). Affixes rock.

07-16-2015 08:50 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi
I think everything should be affixable, except for very specific items (phase daggers and such maybe). Affixes rock.
A sword of sharpness of devastation would be kind of dumb.

+ Reply