Make it harder to corrupt the stone heart
issueid=5470 10-20-2017 10:50 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by _Ln_: 97
Make it harder to corrupt the stone heart

This is the idea I had since the time we have discovered how to do it in the first place.

While we were discovering things in the original release, I spent some effort to identify how to corrupt the stone heart. In the end I figured this was something to do with fire (as in element) and went to ToEF. I've killed ACW, cleared the entire temple and then used the stone heart while standing on the altar in the temple. Voila, it worked. It felt good to finally discover this.

On repeated tests I learned that the altar has nothing to do with it, it only needs the Fire Orb in the PC's possession.

This seems problematic to me, because I expect most players to attempt the stone dragon quest somewhat later in the game, typically after clearing the ToEF. Which means that they will already have the heart in their possession. As soon as new players obtain the heart, I'm sure they will attempt to use in order to see what it does. And immediately corrupt it without expecting.

Perhaps it is intended to be this way in order to immediately discover the volcano quest. If that's the case, disregard the RFE.

I feel like the chain of events could be a bit better to preserve the normal quest progression. Perhaps Rolf should give some cryptic warnings to avoid the heart corruption: if you listen to him and not tinker with it, you get the normal rewards. However, if you disregard his warnings on purpose, then he gets to chew you out and deny you his rewards even if you fix things.

Here are some ideas to trigger the heart corruption in a bit more complicated way:

1) The heart is generated uncursed and can only be corrupted when it's cursed.
2) You can only corrupt it in the ToEF.
3) You have to invoke the Fire Orb with the heart in inventory to corrupt it.
Issue Details
Issue Number 5470
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Rejected
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version Unknown
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-20-2017 11:50 PM
The Creator