UI/UX: Immediately switch to stuff after unequipping an item
issueid=5326 10-14-2017 12:12 AM
The Creator
Number of reported issues by adom-admin: 499
UI/UX: Immediately switch to stuff after unequipping an item

Test players suggested that it might be more useful to save one keypress/click if the inventory interface immediately switched to the stuff list after unequpping an item (as if you had pressed the body part letter twice).
Issue Details
Issue Number 5326
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Rejected
Priority 6
Suggested Version ADOM 2.3.5
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone "Ease of Use" UI
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 7
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

10-14-2017 11:10 AM
Ancient Member
I would find this confusing because I would have no echo to tell me that I successfully unequipped the item. Plus, pushing the body part letter twice is really fast anyway.

10-14-2017 11:12 AM
Ancient Member
I think it's a good idea to listen to newbie players, but note that they don't always know what they want... not providing feedback for an action, and switching to another screen that may or may not be needed, has never been a very good idea in UI design as far as I know.

10-15-2017 08:36 AM
The Creator
That's why I put up these points. I never stated that all suggestions will be implemented ;-) This one in particular is one I feel uneasy about, too!

10-15-2017 08:37 AM
The Creator
But it's up now and since we will have dozens of additional test games I will observe this issue and continue making comments. But it won't be changed very soon.

10-18-2017 10:10 AM
There is one more reason to keep existing behavior. Unequiping multiple items will become really annoying. Especially given that you might need to, say, uneqip guantlets if you would like to change rings.

10-18-2017 01:39 PM
The Creator
Ok, the arguments plus my own thinking convince me to reject this change.

+ Reply