Number of reported issues by aquavires: 17
"The dark elven wight touches you but misses you"

Phase shifting PC?

EDIT -- Suggested alternatives:
  • "The [???] wight extends his/her/its hand towards you lightly freezing you"
  • "The [???] wight reaches towards you but misses you"
Issue Details
Issue Number 1056
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category Gameplay
Status Fixed
Priority 10 - Lowest
Affected Version ADOM II 0.2.7
Fixed Version ADOM II 0.2.8
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

05-19-2012 05:18 AM
Okay, yes, of course I am able to reproduce this.

I presume all the strings are stored somewhere in such a way that translation will be easy (so monster names, when used as nouns, can have a case assigned for languages that have cases and so forth)? When you have nothing better to do, post the raw strings and some native (language) speaker will go over it and proofread them (I can manage English, FWIW). Trying to fix errors like this (Wolfish Corpse should be Wolf Corpse, and so on and so forth) piecemeal is asking for trouble.

05-19-2012 12:27 PM
I'd bet this is a revision of the gramatical issue of 'touches at you'. But you're right, it should be something like "reaches out to you"

05-19-2012 02:24 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Sam Handelman
I presume all the strings are stored somewhere in such a way that translation will be easy
Nope.

From this issue:

Quote Originally Posted by adom-admin
There will be no language packs. Period.

I'm right now even while "only" supporting english fighting with some places (especially combat) where it is not really simple to provide meaningful messages due to the highly variable nature of the game and as some comments indicate it would be very hard if not impossible to support anything but a subset of languages. So I really do not intend to spend time on that, sorry. You will need to learn English to be able to play JADE in a meaningful language.

05-20-2012 11:49 AM
The Creator
Fixed for ADOM II 0.2.8. Please send your real name to creator(at)ancientdomainsofmystery.com for it to be included in the credits. (If you were already asked to do so you can ignore this message. Please include a reference to the bug or RFE you are credited for.)

+ Reply