No experience points for wand kill
issueid=1261 09-25-2012 03:25 PM
Number of reported issues by BlitzerkidSix: 4
No experience points for wand kill
Zapping monsters to death provides no experience in 1.2.0p3.

Level 8 high elven ranger made it to the high mountain village. There was a stone giant outside. I zapped an unID wand, which turned out to be cold. I thought I would gain a level for downing such a mighty foe, but I checked the monster memory and it said, "So far you have killed but one stone giant." That was it. May be related to certain potion kills also granting zero experience.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1261
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows XP
Status Cannot Reproduce
Priority Unknown
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 3
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-25-2012 03:27 PM
Ancient Member
It showed up in your kill list? If so then you got experience from it. Could just be that it wasn't a lot of xp.

09-25-2012 03:40 PM
I was not watching my XP counter when this happened, I must admit. However, there is typically a line in the monster memory: "One kill on the average seems to be worth #XP." The average for stone giants killed since has been suspiciously low, as if "dragged down" by a zero. If this is intentional behavior, meant to discourage cowardly kills, so be it.

09-25-2012 06:05 PM
Ancient Member
Was it a regular stone giant, or a stone giant lord?

09-27-2012 10:55 PM
Quote Originally Posted by BlitzerkidSix
I was not watching my XP counter when this happened, I must admit. However, there is typically a line in the monster memory: "One kill on the average seems to be worth #XP." The average for stone giants killed since has been suspiciously low, as if "dragged down" by a zero. If this is intentional behavior, meant to discourage cowardly kills, so be it.
Why should the game punish you for using a wand?! That's what they're for!

12-11-2012 01:32 PM
The Creator
Your PC probably failed to pick up the XP gained, wands definitely note kills.

+ Reply