Gods in the manual
issueid=2445 11-04-2013 04:41 PM
Number of reported issues by theseus12: 32
Gods in the manual
just a little something I noticed...

Ok, go to the manual. IDC how you do it, just go there. Now, go to the section Alignment. Scroll down till you get to the bit about the gods of Ancardia. Go to the part where the sacrifices preffered are showing, the list where human gods prefer tools, trolls rocks, orcs weapons, gnomes gold, hurthlings cooked food, etc.

the problem should be apparent, but just in case it's not, I'll list it anyways.

The manual doesn't state whatever it is that ratling/mist elf gods prefer for sacrifices.

Now, I know this can be seen as a "bug", but I'd rather take this as an oppurtinuty for us to decide as a whole which things could be sacrifices.

I propose, for Mist Elves, that the gods prefer certain tools. Namely, the rocks used for smelting, and stuff. ores, rocks with metal veins, et cetera. This is due to the Mist Elves having to use only pure metals.

And for Ratlings, I propose, in honor of everyone's favorite cloaked ratling Skriek, that we make Keys the preffered sacrifices.

But please, feel free to offer alternatives

(Also, I put ALL on the affected version because while I only own one, I'm fairly certain this can be replicated)
Issue Details
Issue Number 2445
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority 3
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 19
Implemented Version ADOM 3.0.0
Milestone "Resurrect ADOM" Indiegogo Fulfillment
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-04-2013 04:48 PM
Ancient Member
Some of the preferred sacrifices might need to be updated generally anyway. It's not like sacrificing rocks as a troll actually works anymore.

I believe (?) that artifacts are the favoured sacrifice of mist elves. Tools seems kind of strange to me for a very ethereal race. Spellbooks, scrolls, etc. would work too.

Don't remember what it is for ratlings.

11-04-2013 05:15 PM
so, they already have preffered sacrifices?

11-04-2013 06:04 PM
Ancient Member
AFAIK, it's "wands and books" for mist elves (at least according to wiki).

Artifacts are for ratlings.

11-04-2013 10:51 PM
in any case, the manual could use updating on this point...

11-10-2017 02:07 AM
The Creator
It seems we already updated that part of the manual a while ago. Closing it for 2.4.0 so that it shows up in some changelog.

+ Reply