Free healing
issueid=128 04-15-2010 01:33 PM
Number of reported issues by IGB: 12
Free healing
Walking against a wall with monsters nearby allow for free regeneration of HP and PP.

Monsters doesn't get to act. Very abusable. IMO when issuing a walk command the game should check if it's not against a wall. If it is, just display "You cannot walk against a wall." or something along the lines and no time would pass. Alternatively, it could waste a turn (just like searching or doing nothing) a now monsters get to act.
Issue Details
Issue Number 128
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Unknown
Status Fixed
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version ADOM 1.1.1
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 1
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 3
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-19-2010 05:19 AM
Ancient Member
I think this was fixed in an earlier version. Doesn't work for me in winbeta.

04-19-2010 08:38 AM
Ancient Member
It would be a very important bug if it were still there, but I cannot reproduce it either (ADOM Sage).

04-26-2010 06:40 PM
Well, walking against a wall is not possible when monsters are adjacent. But when there is for example one space between the PC and a monster, then walking (diagonally) against a wall wastes one turn, the monster does not act, and the PC gets to regenerate HP and PP. It could be repeated to get full HP with no danger involved. Tested both ADOM Sage and WinBeta 1.1.1

04-26-2010 07:45 PM
Ancient Member
If one uses the [w]alk command to move and the walk is interrupted by something, one extra turn is wasted. Monsters do not move during this turn.

Reproduced in ADOM Sage 0.9.1 (ADOM 1.1.1).

EDIT: The Sage version number was corrected.

04-26-2010 08:14 PM
Ancient Member
Ah, I understand now. It doesn't work with regular walking (You just get "Ouch, you run into a wall"). It does work with [w]#.

Tested and confirmed. Needs to be fixed.

[edit]I would naively expect that a suite of bugs such as this one, turn reduction bug, and circle kick bug are probably all a result of essentially the same sort of problem with the energy engine. There might be a way to fix all of these sorts of bugs at once...

04-30-2010 12:53 PM
Ancient Member
Confirmed on ADOM Sage. I'd consider this a high priority issue.

02-14-2012 09:17 PM
Are you going to fix this please? It is the main reason I do not play ADOM anymore, because it is next to impossible to keep myself from abusing this bug.

02-14-2012 09:33 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by IGB
Are you going to fix this please? It is the main reason I do not play ADOM anymore, because it is next to impossible to keep myself from abusing this bug.
Well, I've known about it for some time, and never exploited it, barring a single test to verify it...

I do agree on its game-breaking potential though - just walk against a wall with regenerating items and boom, you're at full HP again in no time.

03-20-2012 08:56 PM
Ancient Member
On a similar fashion, when the PC is bleeding, you can use the walk commands. Doing so will make you lose blood once and use a turn, but monsters do not move. To fix this, walking should be unusable when the PC is bleeding and display a "Not while bleeding." message, just like when he's sick, in the dark, etc.

04-08-2012 11:01 AM
Administrator
A "bleeding" check for walk mode was added, the issue itself is still open.

05-22-2012 08:50 PM
Administrator
Fixed, walking against a wall does not count as a turn any more.

+ Reply