Jackalwere sleep spell affecting through the wall
issueid=1077 05-21-2012 09:12 PM
Number of reported issues by Qui: 98
Jackalwere sleep spell affecting through the wall

I noticed that the jackalwere can "cast" sleep when I'm out of its sight, or even hidden inside the walls. I'm not sure if it's the intended behaviour.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1077
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category Gameplay
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 8
Affected Version ADOM II 0.2.7
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 2
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-20-2013 01:09 AM
Ancient Member
This is still happening as of version 0.3.2

01-30-2013 07:28 PM
The Creator
Which raises an interesting question: Should you be deaf while in a wall (as a jackalwere sings to cause sleep)... I don't think so right now but opinions are welcome!

01-30-2013 10:44 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by adom-admin
Which raises an interesting question: Should you be deaf while in a wall (as a jackalwere sings to cause sleep)... I don't think so right now but opinions are welcome!
Realistically speaking, you probably would be able to hear a song while in a wall, at least for a short distance. To clarify, the main annoyance is that once you have seen a werejackal it seems like it can target you freely, even if you are far out of its line of sight. If it is in fact an area of effect ability, I'd imagine the other humanoids on the level would make short work of the narcolepsy inducing pest.

01-31-2013 07:51 AM
Ancient Member
I agree. One shouldn't be deaf inside a wall, but once you are hidden inside rock (not the surface layer but deeper), the jackalwere should stop singing because it has no way to know you are near.

+ Reply