Can't trigger the Jussi Viinikainen statue effect
issueid=5603 11-04-2017 02:03 PM
Number of reported issues by moozooh: 17
Can't trigger the Jussi Viinikainen statue effect

Found this statue for the first time. Stepping on it, kicking, handling, and praying didn't work. I wasn't offered anything (nor did I decline it, naturally)—neither the first time nor the subsequent attempts. Am I doing something wrong, or does it actually not work as intended?

From the wiki: "Step on: Player is prompted to read a set of runes on the foot of the statue (y/n); various effects are available depending on PC's Learning score (temporary confusion, receiving intrinsic random elemental resistance, resistance to all elements, or failing to read the runes to no effect at all)."

For the record, my Le is 27 and I only have intrinsic fire resistance. It's a little disappointing considering that would've been enough to receive a nice bonus.

Playing on Steam v2.3.6.
Issue Details
Issue Number 5603
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All Steam Versions
Status Not a Bug
Priority 8
Affected Version ADOM 2.3.6
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-05-2017 08:30 AM
The Creator
The activation effect for some statue types has been changed from just having to enter the field to actively waiting on the field with the statue. Which you probably did not try, correct? If you actively wait on the field the statue effect should take place. I mentioned the change in activation conditions during the 2.3.6 release but it was easy to miss.

Does the Wiki need updating in that regard, too?

11-05-2017 03:13 PM
Damn, no kidding it was easy to miss. o_0

But you're right. Sorry for taking your time!

+ Reply