Natural hunger occurs in a H--- challlenge game
issueid=4675 01-24-2017 12:55 AM
Number of reported issues by moozooh: 17
Natural hunger occurs in a H--- challlenge game

Playing the current weekly challenge (Sword Ratling Necromancer), natural hunger has kicked in with the thin and nimble corruption. Considering this corruption is intended to increase the base hunger rate like artifacts or invisibility, I don't think this should be the expected behavior when the base hunger rate is zero (so, for instance, 1.5*0=0). This is in contrast to e.g. sulfuric breath which just detracts a fixed satiation value which I have no problem with in H--- games.

I'm playing the current Steam version (r72).

Also an unrelated thing, but this challenge game is supposed to let me decide the gender of my character, yet it doesn't.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4675
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 10 (Steam)
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM r72 (v2.2.6)
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-24-2017 05:52 AM
Also an unrelated thing, but this challenge game is supposed to let me decide the gender of my character, yet it doesn't.
I'll second that. All my characters in weekly challenge games are male with no choice for female. I thought I broke something by editing config files but looks like I'm not the only one. Think it worth a separate bug report.

01-24-2017 11:07 PM
Ancient Member
Hunger effects like thin and nimble aren't multipliers; it's a flat addition to hunger rate, much like Burden/Strained, etc.

No idea whether or not it these effects were supposed to be prevented in this particular case. Presumably if invisibility, etc. doesn't add hunger in this mode, then I would expect the corruption to behave similarly and this was just an oversight.

01-25-2017 01:24 AM
Yeah, invisibility and burden don't do anything in H--- games. I haven't found artifacts in a weekly yet (I think), but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't, either. Sulfuric breath does iirc, but that makes sense to me. Thin & nimble is the only unexpected effect.

+ Reply