Wearing a blessed amulet of order doesn't seem to affect alignment
issueid=5455 10-19-2017 02:39 PM
Number of reported issues by moozooh: 17
Wearing a blessed amulet of order doesn't seem to affect alignment

Playing on the Steam beta right now. Haven't tested for this behavior specifically, but I've been wearing this thing for thousands of turns despite the pain and still haven't seen even one alignment change from C from the amulet so far. Can anyone confirm? Killing chaotic monsters and doing lawful quests still seems to work fine; in other words, the damage seems to be limited to amulets of order (and possibly some other particular items that change alignment over time, which I don't have).

Additionally, the amulet isn't doing any damage to a chaotic PC during wilderness travel, which I'm not sure is intended. I seem to remember this working differently at some point earlier, though I might be confusing it with ME impure metal burn.
Issue Details
Issue Number 5455
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All Steam Versions
Status Not a Bug
Priority 10 - Lowest
Affected Version ADOM 2.3.5
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-19-2017 03:34 PM
What level are you? At some point the amulets stop working.

10-19-2017 03:48 PM
Wore it on and off from 16 to 19 (where I'm at). Star sign is Dragon. Surely the amulets worked at level 16 before?

10-19-2017 03:53 PM
Ancient Member
They are still working for me at all alignments; I've verified with scrolls of balance. It isn't very fast alignment change of course, even at level 1.

10-19-2017 04:14 PM
Hmm, upon further testing it does work, though now I have to wonder if there was something else that interfered with alignment gain so heavily as to offset both the amulet's effect and the natural increase from killing high-exp chaotics. I pickpocketed a lot, but I thought the alignment hit isn't significant when done by a chaotic PC? Other than that I don't remember committing any chaotic acts upon receiving the amulet.

In any case, thanks for your time; I guess the issue is technically invalid.

+ Reply